And I’m not referring to the classic Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers album…
I’m fighting off another Spring cold, thus making May another 2010 month in which I’ve gotten sick. It’s not bad, but it comes at a very inconvenient time. Today I am dropping the Jackmobile off to get a brake job, and my mode of transportation from Chamblee to Perimeter Mall is bicycle — not exactly the best way to travel when ill.
My body, and all of the goddamn vitamins I’ve been for the past few months, better fend this shit off before tomorrow night’s Hold Steady show at Variety Playhouse and the beginning of my self-imposed “Six Days of Improvement” which starts on Friday.
ITP Flickr Pic
Fail again. In fact, I’m giving up this week.
A Little Different Laundry Night
I bet when I mentioned laundry and food yesterday you assumed I’d be eating at Lee’s Bakery last night. Oh no, I wanted to try something different yesterday.
Last night I took my two filled IKEA bags’ worth of laundry to a laundromat near the corner of Buford Highway and Chamblee-Tucker Road (not coincidentally near where I’ll be dropping the car off today). The plan was to try out a different laundromat and eat at Las Tortas Locas (huh, no website).
With the exceptions that I was fighting off the beginning of this fuggin’ cold, and the thirty minutes of constant crying/screaming from at least one of the three small children who were in the laundromat, the laundry experience at the new laundromat was fine.
My meal at Las Tortas Locas was exceptional. I ordered a Huaraches al Pastor and a Coke and loaded up my plate (well, basket) with some of the numerous free sides — a jalapeño pepper, some pieces of sweet potato, and some pickled carrot slices — from their sauces and sides table. I also picked up some spicy sauces in an attempt to burn out my illness. Unfortunately, it didn’t work.
Stats & Goals
Current Mood – discouraged
Current Music – listening to yesterday’s “The Story” podcast
Website Of The Day – What’s the definition of “coincidence?” How about me using the word “torpedoes” in today’s title without knowing that Sunday Magazine : The Most Interesting Articles From 100 Years Ago This Weekend would have the title of its first article be “Torpedo Airship Controlled By Wireless Is The Latest Invention.”
Mode Of Transportation To Work – my car and my mountain bike
Exercise (b)Log – nothing
Morning Weigh-In – didn’t check
Pages Of 1001 Paintings You Must See Before You Die Read – 77
Foot Mileage – ~4 miles, Wheel Mileage – ~41 miles
Pushups – 0, Situps – 0
Consecutive Days Of Bed-Making (Longest Streak) – 24 (24)
Vegetarian Days – 0, Carnivorous Days – 25
Marta Rides – 0
– Not to get sick for the entire month
– Not get fired from my job
– Ride my bicycle no fewer than 100 miles
– Get the Sharpened Stone, LLC moving further
– Reduce my weight to 185 pounds (starting weight was 198 pounds)
– Completely read the book 1001 Paintings You Must See Before You Die
– Earn at least $150 through photography sales in order to cover the cost for the renewal of the Jalapeño Beach SmugMug account.
– Save $500 for the sole purpose of donating to charitable organizations of my choice
– Attend at least one professional photography workshop
– Enter no fewer than three photographic competitions / gallery showings
– Get the Black Sheep stats out of Excel and online
– Ride in no fewer than two 50 mile or 50K bike rides
– Complete my Taco Mac Passport requirement of 125 beers
– Continue backing up all data, including the off-site storage
– Become a proficient programmer in
PHP and CSS Objective-C
– Do not create a solution for something which is not a problem