My self-imposed sequestering has not gone as desired. I’ve been doing many things, but few of those relate to the iPhone programming education that I planned to do.
btw- I did write a blog post yesterday. Yesterday was my eleventh anniversary of hashing, so I wrote a quick history of how I started and posted some photos of me over the years.
Friends, Romans, And Countrymen, Lend Me Your Beers
So, what have I been doing? With the exception of Friday (day) Saturday I’ve been spending time with friends, lifting beers and consuming food.
Each morning I awoken to find the deck wet from the previous night’s rain, and combined with the realization about how much stuff I have to do, cancel any idea of going out for a bike ride. Pity, that.
Friday’s “Photoshop for Digital Photographers” seminar was really good; so good in fact that Sharpened Stone (the website actually points somewhere thanks to work I did this weekend, but it might as well point to an Under Construction animated GIF) upgraded to Photoshop CS5 this weekend. Now, if I could figure out how to get myself to shoot again… The worse thing I could say about Friday’s session was that Cobb Galleria has a lousy food selection, especially when hundreds of people try to eat there.
On Friday evening I joined some folks at ITP-Reader Betsy’s for a barbecue which was nearly ruined by the thunderstorm and power outage which accompanied it. When the skies cleared the grill was fired up and a good time was had by all.
Saturday was a hermit day. I’m not sure that I ever left the house.
On Sunday I joined some folks at ITP-Reader Martha’s for a barbecue which was only occasionally interrupted by some rain. Another good time was had by all. In what has become an extremely unfortunate Paulie tradition, I returned from Martha’s early and passed out for the evening way too early.
Last night I joined the Moonlight Hash for an early (5pm) start at Henderson Park in Tucker. The annual Memorial Day hash was laid by Sanitary Not! (any guesses as to where the end was? 😉 ). I attempted to run the Eagle trail, knowing what this meant for a Moonlight trail, and was sorry. Somebody’s overweight, undertrained body needs to start running again. Somewhere trekking through the massively poison-ivy infested woods (did I mention that I didn’t wear my tights because this was a Moonlight hash? Yeeeeah…) a group of us got turned around and ran “no-no” back to the start. Luckily for us, the trail was an “A to A” trail, so our screw up didn’t matter.
Oh, and mark your calendars for Monday, June 28th because I’ve signed up to hare the Moonlight hash that night.
ITP Flickr Pic
Man, the weather in Atlanta has been completely shitty for photography. That’s no excuse for my lack of shooting, but it’s the only one I have.
RealiTV Update: Hell’s Kitchen — Is Back!
Tonight, Hell’s Kitchen returns. As with season’s past I’ll be joining up with friends to watch the premiere episode. Unfortunately I think I’ll be missing the next two weeks however, as I already scheduled things for those Tuesdays prior to learning of the return of Hell’s Kitchen.
Stats & Goals
Current Mood – okay, though I can already tell that I’m not going to get everything done today that I hope
Current Music – listening to a CBC Radio 3 podcast
Website Of The Day – Among the many things I’m trying to accomplish on my sequestering is becoming a Getting Things Done follower/user/devotÃ©.
Mode Of Transportation To Work – my car
Exercise (b)Log – nothing for June
Morning Weigh-In – haven’t checked
Pages Of 1001 Paintings You Must See Before You Die Read – 77
Foot Mileage – 0 miles, Wheel Mileage – 0 miles
Pushups – 0, Situps – 0
Consecutive Days Of Bed-Making (Longest Streak) – 0 (0)
Vegetarian Days – 0, Carnivorous Days – 0
Marta Rides – 0
– Not to get sick for the entire month
– Not get fired from my job
– Ride my bicycle no fewer than 100 miles
– Get the Sharpened Stone, LLC moving further
– Complete at least one iPhone application
– Reduce my weight to 185 pounds (starting weight was 198 pounds)
– Completely read the book 1001 Paintings You Must See Before You Die
– Earn at least $150 through photography sales in order to cover the cost for the renewal of the JalapeÃ±o Beach SmugMug account.
– Save $500 for the sole purpose of donating to charitable organizations of my choice
– Attend at least one professional photography workshop
– Enter no fewer than three photographic competitions / gallery showings
– Get the Black Sheep stats out of Excel and online
– Ride in no fewer than two 50 mile or 50K bike rides
– Complete my Taco Mac Passport requirement of 125 beers
– Continue backing up all data, including the off-site storage
– Become a proficient programmer in
PHP and CSS Objective-C
– Do not create a solution for something which is not a problem