Sadly that point is “Regardless of the number of days I take off to dedicate to iPhone/iPad development without a clear product to develop, and a deadline to be concerned about, it’s not going to happen.” I did many other things during my respit (mowing the lawn should have happened yesterday too, but did not) so I don’t consider the use of my vacation days to be wasted, but today I do not have the pride and joy that I thought I would as of last week.
- Things I Did Get Done
- relaxing with friends
- one good bike ride
- some cleaning and organizing
- did some reading
- watched a lot of episodes of The Good Life
- Things I Didn’t Get Done
- iPhone/iPad development
- photography 🙁
- get Sharpened Stone‘s website up
- not all cleaning or organizing done
- finish the book I wanted to finish reading
Back at the office today…
I Was Nearly Trampled By Turtles Last Night
More specifically I was nearly trampled by their odd-dancing fans.
Last night I joined my friend (and boss) Hank at Smith’s Olde Bar to see the band Trampled By Turtles. Trampled By Turtles is a country/bluegrass five-piece out of the great bluegrass breeding ground of Duluth, Minnesota. Wait. What? What’s even funnier is that without thinking I was wearing my The Hold Steady “Minnesota Twins” t-shirt so it looked as if I were playing up to the band, when in reality I had no clue.
The show last night was really good, though started a bit too late for a Wednesday night. As it turned out the opening band had to cancel because on of its members got hurt after their show up in Asheville. Had somebody mentioned this to the crowd prior to Trampled By Turtles taking the stage sometime after 10:00pm, or if Trampled By Turtles had started their set earlier, things wouldn’t have seem so bad.
The crowd at last night’s show was a good mix of old/young, pretty/not-so-pretty (I dare say I saw three of the prettiest young ladies — my definition of pretty — that I’ve seen in a long time last night). What was even more unusual than the crowd was that it was a dancing crowd, with most of the dancers being men. Well, “dancing” is a bit generous, they were hopping up and down and gyrating as if they were having convulsions. It made for enjoyable people watching at least.
ITP Flickr Pic
I guess I should have taken more shitty camera phone photos while out riding yesterday. At least I would have something for this space if I had.
What? Another Anniversary?
Yesterday I was listening to another great episode of the Coverville podcast when it dawned on me that it was about this time last year that I became a “Coverville Citizen.” When I searched my email archives I found that as of yesterday it had been exactly a year since I became a Coverville Citizen.
So far June seems to be a month of anniversaries for me.
Stats & Goals
Current Mood – good, though my right knee hurts today. I think I need a pedal adjustment on the Red Rocket
Current Music – listening to the “Breakfast Club” podcast from CBC Radio 3
Website Of The Day – .
Mode Of Transportation To Work – my car
Exercise (b)Log – biking: 40 miles
Morning Weigh-In – failed to check
Pages Of 1001 Paintings You Must See Before You Die Read – 77
Foot Mileage – 0 miles, Wheel Mileage – 40 miles
Pushups – 0, Situps – 0
Consecutive Days Of Bed-Making (Longest Streak) – 3 (3)
Vegetarian Days – 0, Carnivorous Days – 2
Marta Rides – 0
– Not to get sick for the entire month
– Not get fired from my job
– Ride my bicycle no fewer than 100 miles
– Get the Sharpened Stone, LLC moving further
– Complete at least one iPhone application
– Reduce my weight to 185 pounds (starting weight was 198 pounds)
– Completely read the book 1001 Paintings You Must See Before You Die
– Earn at least $150 through photography sales in order to cover the cost for the renewal of the Jalapeño Beach SmugMug account.
– Save $500 for the sole purpose of donating to charitable organizations of my choice
– Attend at least one professional photography workshop
– Enter no fewer than three photographic competitions / gallery showings
– Get the Black Sheep stats out of Excel and online
– Ride in no fewer than two 50 mile or 50K bike rides
– Complete my Taco Mac Passport requirement of 125 beers
– Continue backing up all data, including the off-site storage
– Become a proficient programmer in
PHP and CSS Objective-C
– Do not create a solution for something which is not a problem