I am extremely disappointed today. I’m overweight, and feeling every last pound as I sit here typing; I’m overbooked, though at least my appointments are pleasurable for the most part; I’m sneezing my head off because I seem to be allergic, most likely to the muck and mire that we hashed through on Sunday.
I have to remember that I am in control of my circumstances. I control the amount of food that enters my piehole. For the most part I dictate how much exercise I get. And, while I have little control over my allergies I can continue to use modern medicine to fight my ills.
Big Update Day
As I mentioned yesterday, Apple’s World Wide Developer Conference kicked off with a bang (as well as a rare blooper). As rumored the next iteration of the iPhone, yes that Braun-like phone which was outed a month ago, was introduced. Thanks to another agreement with AT$T, this time to allow people whose contracts are up before year’s end to upgrade at the subsidized price, as soon as pre-orders are allowed to be placed (June 15th) I shall be pre-ordering a 16GB (don’t need 32GB in my phone) for $199. If this comes as a surprise to you then you obviously don’t know me very well. 😉 “What of my well-kept iPhone 3G?”, you ask? Well, that’s already been committed to my ITP-Reader/Lurker brother, that is if he still wants it after I just called him a lurker. 🙂
News also came down the pike of Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 3 release. Once I heard of this news this morning I was on it like white on rice. Since I am a Lightroom 2 owner the upgrade price was $99. However, since I am also a member of the National Association of Photoshop Professionals I was able to save 15% on my upgrade. W00t!
The cheapest upgrade announced yesterday came from Apple in the form of Safari 5.0. This upgrade was free. Free is good, especially when it’s free beer.
ITP Flickr Pic
Look! Two. Days. In. A. Row!
Perhaps the shot that I like most from Saturday’s photoshoot. I may want to see about process this in Lightroom 3 (or maybe in Photoshop CS5 as well) to see about sharpening it a bit.
I tried a “new” Spicy Chic-fil-A chicken sandwich last night. If that’s Chic-fil-A’s definition of “spicy” then they need to read the New Testament version of Webster’s Dictionary. I realize that I live on the extreme end of the “spicy spectrum”, but this sandwich was a complete disappointment to me.
I’m Not A Self-Centered Asshole, Really I’m Not
Because of my allergies my nose is being a real ass by running constantly. It’s bad today, and was worse last night.
At the Roswell Photographic Society meeting last night I heard my name being called by ITP-Reader Barb’s friend. Unfortunately I was making a beeline to the bathroom so that I could deal with my nose and decided not to make my first impression with a nasty nose. Also unfortunately I was unable to see the person who had called my name, so when I returned from the bathroom I was unable to apologize and say hello.
I am not an asshole, well at least not most of the time.
Stats & Goals
Current Mood – pissed
Current Music – listening to the “The Interface” podcast, featuring Jamie Lidell
Website Of The Day – Perhaps when I get that new fancy-pants iPhone I’ll spruce up the ringtones by creating my own using Audiko.
Mode Of Transportation To Work – my car
Exercise (b)Log – nothing
Morning Weigh-In – 204 pounds (ugh)
Pages Of 1001 Paintings You Must See Before You Die Read – 77
Foot Mileage – 0 miles, Wheel Mileage – 40 miles
Pushups – 0, Situps – 0
Consecutive Days Of Bed-Making (Longest Streak) – 8 (8)
Vegetarian Days – 0, Carnivorous Days – 7
Marta Rides – 0
– Not to get sick for the entire month
– Not get fired from my job
– Ride my bicycle no fewer than 100 miles
– Get the Sharpened Stone, LLC moving further
– Complete at least one iPhone application
– Reduce my weight to 185 pounds (starting weight was 198 pounds)
– Completely read the book 1001 Paintings You Must See Before You Die
– Earn at least $150 through photography sales in order to cover the cost for the renewal of the Jalapeño Beach SmugMug account.
– Save $500 for the sole purpose of donating to charitable organizations of my choice
– Attend at least one professional photography workshop
– Enter no fewer than three photographic competitions / gallery showings
– Get the Black Sheep stats out of Excel and online
– Ride in no fewer than two 50 mile or 50K bike rides
– Complete my Taco Mac Passport requirement of 125 beers
– Continue backing up all data, including the off-site storage
– Become a proficient programmer in
PHP and CSS Objective-C
– Do not create a solution for something which is not a problem