I am an early riser. I used to be a later got-to-sleeper. For the majority of my adulthood I’ve not “gone to bed,” instead I’ve “fallen asleep” while doing something (reading, watching tv, listening to music, having conversations with significant others, etc). Since the installation of wireless networking in my house falling asleep happens to occur while I’m in bed.
I’m Once Again Whining About TextExpander
Another software update has been installed on my Mac and now TextExpander is refusing to expand my Snippets using Chrome. Fudge. I’ve just emailed the makers of TextExpander with a crash log so that they can get things working before I give up on them. My breaking point is nearing quickly.
Once finished with this blog I will reboot my Mac in an effort to get TextExpander to do the one thing it is supposed to do.
ITP Flickr Pic
I love water fountains, the drinking variety. Often times when I was young these fountains were turned off and it was a great disappointment to press their buttons and receive no reward.
I expected the same fate last Saturday in Oakland Cemetery when I stepped on the pedal of this drinking fountain. When I saw the water spring from its opening I immediately tried to figured out how to photograph this.
This shot, while not the greatest water fountain photo that I’ll ever take, does please me.
Return To The Fred
This week is turning into a week of drinking great beer. Last night I joined my friend Cheryl at The Porter Beer Bar in Little Five Points. Tonight I’ll be returning to The Fred in The Prado tilt a few back with my friend Stevie. The bonus attached to tonight’s drinking is that it’ll help me get closer to the 125 beer mark for my Taco Mac Passport.
And besides, good beer is good for me.
Stats & Goals
Current Mood – okay, though I have so much to do!
Current Music – listening to the “Musicheads” podcast
Website Of The Day – Good beer is good. Good food is good too. The Good Eater Collaborative is another of the many excellent foodie blogs that the internets have to offer.
Mode Of Transportation To Work – my car
Exercise (b)Log – nothing
Morning Weigh-In – 204 pounds (ugh)
Pages Of 1001 Paintings You Must See Before You Die Read – 77
Foot Mileage – 5.5 miles, Wheel Mileage – 40 miles
Pushups – 0, Situps – 0
Consecutive Days Of Bed-Making (Longest Streak) – 9 (9)
Vegetarian Days – 0, Carnivorous Days – 8
Marta Rides – 0
– Not to get sick for the entire month
– Not get fired from my job
– Ride my bicycle no fewer than 100 miles
– Get the Sharpened Stone, LLC moving further
– Complete at least one iPhone application
– Reduce my weight to 185 pounds (starting weight was 198 pounds)
– Completely read the book 1001 Paintings You Must See Before You Die
– Earn at least $150 through photography sales in order to cover the cost for the renewal of the JalapeÃ±o Beach SmugMug account.
– Save $500 for the sole purpose of donating to charitable organizations of my choice
– Attend at least one professional photography workshop
– Enter no fewer than three photographic competitions / gallery showings
– Get the Black Sheep stats out of Excel and online
– Ride in no fewer than two 50 mile or 50K bike rides
– Complete my Taco Mac Passport requirement of 125 beers
– Continue backing up all data, including the off-site storage
– Become a proficient programmer in
PHP and CSS Objective-C
– Do not create a solution for something which is not a problem