This was not the way I wanted to start my day: I realized that I had a quarterly tax payment due, found out that it is due in five days, made an effort to write a check and get it into the mail first thing this morning, and then realized that I addressed it to the wrong PO Box after I had dropped it into the mailbox. I addressed the envelop to the PO Box to which I sent my Federal 1040, and not to where I was supposed to send my Federal 1040-ES. Guess who’ll be calling his tax preparer in a few hours to see how badly he’s fucked things up?
Four More Beers! Four More Beers!
I met up with Stevie at The Fred last night. Somehow in a span of four hours I managed to consume four beers — Southern Tier Unearthly, Mikkeller 1-Hop Gold, Lagunitas Pils, Rogue Somer Orange Honey — and two glasses of water.
It was no surprise that I wanted food on my drive home. What was a surprise was that I wound up a Las Tortas Locas, and even though I swear that I ordered dos tacos I was presented with tres tacos (A quick glance at my wallet this morning indicated that I also paid for tres tacos).
So much for Losing-Weight Paulie.
ITP Flickr Pic
Another flower photo from Oakland Cemetery.
I may just stare at this photo all day and try to forget my woes. Probably not, since doing so may break my goal of “Not getting fired from my job.”
Bring On The World, Bring On The Flags
Apparently some “Big To Do” tournament is due to start soon. Although I do not follow the sport that shall be played during this event I will follow it’s proceedings thanks to the good folks at Sotto Sotto. When this event, which I shall call “Taza del Mundo”, takes place Sotto Sotto places a flag representing each country participating in Taza del Mundo on its facade. As teams get eliminated from Taza del Mundo their flag gets taken down from the facade. Sadly, my flag recognition is not all that great, so unless the US, Canada, Britain, or Brazil win Taza del Mundo I’ll be unable to tell you who won.
Google, Don’t Bring On The Bing
It’s nary 8:00am and I’ve already exceeded my daily usage of the word “fucktard.” First it was in reference to myself for mis-addressing my tax payment. Now, it’s in reference to the Google management that decided they should “Bing” their background with fancy images. Fucktards!
For the most part Google’s background has been stark white since the late 1990s. This simplicity won the hearts of many, and in turn made them a multi-billion dollar company. Now, in the face of competition from Microsoft through Bing they have placed an annoyingly-busy photo on the Google homepage. Worse yet, it’s a multi-step process in order to return the page to white, and once you do the Google logo and all of the other text on the homepage is white with bezeled edging. Fucktards!
Stats & Goals
Current Mood – pissed at myself and worried about my mailing fuck up
Current Music – silence
Website Of The Day – How to return Google’s homepage to white. Fucktards.
Mode Of Transportation To Work – my car
Exercise (b)Log – nothing
Morning Weigh-In – 204 pounds (ugh)
Pages Of 1001 Paintings You Must See Before You Die Read – 77
Foot Mileage – 5.5 miles, Wheel Mileage – 40 miles
Pushups – 0, Situps – 0
Consecutive Days Of Bed-Making (Longest Streak) – 10 (10)
Vegetarian Days – 0, Carnivorous Days – 9
Marta Rides – 0
– Not to get sick for the entire month
– Not get fired from my job
– Ride my bicycle no fewer than 100 miles
– Get the Sharpened Stone, LLC moving further
– Complete at least one iPhone application
– Reduce my weight to 185 pounds (starting weight was 198 pounds)
– Completely read the book 1001 Paintings You Must See Before You Die
– Earn at least $150 through photography sales in order to cover the cost for the renewal of the Jalapeño Beach SmugMug account.
– Save $500 for the sole purpose of donating to charitable organizations of my choice
– Attend at least one professional photography workshop
– Enter no fewer than three photographic competitions / gallery showings
– Get the Black Sheep stats out of Excel and online
– Ride in no fewer than two 50 mile or 50K bike rides
– Complete my Taco Mac Passport requirement of 125 beers
– Continue backing up all data, including the off-site storage
– Become a proficient programmer in
PHP and CSS Objective-C
– Do not create a solution for something which is not a problem