Perhaps the only thing more discouraging than pumping your tires to make sure that they are properly inflated and then accidentally snapping off one of the Presta valves in the process is waking up early the next morning and determining that it would be a bad idea to ride your bike to work.
I drove to work today, rather late by my standards as well.
At Least They Tried
Unfortunately the camp cooking class was rather a bust last night. The hour-long class was all about car camping, admittedly the only camping I do, but I was hoping for insight and tips on doing backpack camping. Also unfortunate was the the group assembled was mostly families and people who couldn’t keep their damn mouths closed while the presenters were talking.
Oh well, at least it was free…
ITP Flickr Pic
Um, I suck.
Chrome Is Regaining Some Lustre
I’ve returned to Google’s Chrome because I found a TextExpander replacement in the form of a Chrome Extension called “Popchrom.” Admittedly Popchrom does not do everything that TextExpander can, but it does actually expand my pre-define macros when I’m typing this blog.
When I type : hrefvp and then hit Ctrl+Space
It automatically gets expanded to Variety Playhouse
Now if 1Password would get around to releasing a final version of their product I could make a clean break from Firefox.
Stats & Goals
Current Mood – depressed
Current Music – listening to yesterday’s Tour de Suisse stage.
Website Of The Day – If you’ve ever considered going Premium on Evernote check out the current bundle deal at AppSumo.
Mode Of Transportation To Work – my car, unfortunately
Exercise (b)Log – nothing
Morning Weigh-In – didn’t check
Pages Of 1001 Paintings You Must See Before You Die Read – 77
Foot Mileage – 5.5 miles, Wheel Mileage – 89.5 miles
Pushups – 0, Situps – 0
Consecutive Days Of Bed-Making (Longest Streak) – 18 (18)
Vegetarian Days – 0, Carnivorous Days – 17
Marta Rides To Work – 0
Bike Rides To Work – 2
– Not to get sick for the entire month
– Not get fired from my job
– Ride my bicycle no fewer than 100 miles
– Get the Sharpened Stone, LLC moving further
– Complete at least one iPhone application
– Reduce my weight to 185 pounds (starting weight was 198 pounds)
– Completely read the book 1001 Paintings You Must See Before You Die
– Earn at least $150 through photography sales in order to cover the cost for the renewal of the Jalapeño Beach SmugMug account.
– Save $500 for the sole purpose of donating to charitable organizations of my choice
– Attend at least one professional photography workshop
– Enter no fewer than three photographic competitions / gallery showings
– Get the Black Sheep stats out of Excel and online
– Ride in no fewer than two 50 mile or 50K bike rides
– Complete my Taco Mac Passport requirement of 125 beers
– Continue backing up all data, including the off-site storage
– Become a proficient programmer in
PHP and CSS Objective-C
– Do not create a solution for something which is not a problem