To say yesterday didn’t go to “plan” is an understatement.
After much ado about iPhone I decided to race home at 3pm on my bicycle (17 miles in 1:12:xx) and then drive back to the office (after showering of course) so that I could go to Perimeter Mall to get my phone. To my dismay there was a line at 6:20pm nearly as long as the one I left around 9:00am. Even worse, I saw the cute, but married, girl that I commented on yesterday walking through the mall as I got back in line; she said she finally made it through the line a little before 6:00pm. Oh noes….
My quest for iPhone 4 ended a little after 10:30pm when I exited the store and got into the Jackmobile, which happened to be the only car remaining in my section of the parking lot. Although yesterday was not the best planning day I’ve ever had in my life, I at least identified the possibility that I would be getting out of the store extremely late (oh, and when I left there may have been up to one hundred people still in line). For my return trip to Perimeter Mall I packed a change of clothes, and with little difficulty, slept in my cubicle last night. What a great commute this morning!!! Oh, did I mention the office shuts off the air conditioning? Did I mention my cubicle was about 85Âº F last night? Luckily, I have a small fan in my cubicle, which I used all night long. Unluckily, I won’t be surprised if I somehow manage to get sick because I slept with a fan blowing on me all night long.
Would I do it again? Not a chance…
And yes, I brought my bike back with me so if the weather permits I’ll be riding again tonight.
ITP Flickr Pic
I should have packed my camera for my long wait at the mall (hell, I might have been able to take a photo of the cute girl with her new iPhone 4).
Instead, I post this shot of a rocks sitting in a puddle. Somehow I think this will characterize my energy and enthusiasm today.
Spending A Saturday OTP
Tomorrow is the Roswell Photographic Society Summer Seminar. I’ll be joining some of my Flickr/RPS buddies for a full day of lectures provided by four professional photographers. The Summer Seminar is the RPS’ only fund raising event, and although it’ll mean that I’ll be OTP for the better portion of tomorrow, I think it will be a worthwhile event.
What’s on your agenda for the weekend?
Stats & Goals
Current Mood – tired, worn out, and fat (it’s going to be a long haul to return to being fit)
Current Music – silence at the moment
Website Of The Day – I am at work today, but I have a feeling that my mind will be wandering and wondering what it would be like to be at the Hostel In The Forest instead.
Mode Of Transportation To Work – my car (last night)
Exercise (b)Log – nothing
Morning Weigh-In – can’t check
Pages Of 1001 Paintings You Must See Before You Die Read – 77
Foot Mileage – 10.5 miles, Wheel Mileage – 155.9 miles
Pushups – 0, Situps – 0
Consecutive Days Of Bed-Making (Longest Streak) – 0* (24)
Vegetarian Days – 0, Carnivorous Days – 24
Marta Rides To Work – 0
Bike Rides To Work – 4
* – I didn’t sleep in my bed last night.
– Not to get sick for the entire month
– Not get fired from my job
– Ride my bicycle no fewer than 100 miles
– Get the Sharpened Stone, LLC moving further
– Complete at least one iPhone application
– Reduce my weight to 185 pounds (starting weight was 198 pounds)
– Completely read the book 1001 Paintings You Must See Before You Die
– Earn at least $150 through photography sales in order to cover the cost for the renewal of the JalapeÃ±o Beach SmugMug account.
– Save $500 for the sole purpose of donating to charitable organizations of my choice
– Attend at least one professional photography workshop
– Enter no fewer than three photographic competitions / gallery showings
– Get the Black Sheep stats out of Excel and online
– Ride in no fewer than two 50 mile or 50K bike rides
– Complete my Taco Mac Passport requirement of 125 beers
– Continue backing up all data, including the off-site storage
– Become a proficient programmer in
PHP and CSS Objective-C
– Do not create a solution for something which is not a problem