What a wonderfully sunny morning in Atlanta. No? That’s what the weatherman had predicted all week long! WTF?
Reacquainting Myself With The Drapers
Believe it or not, I never watched any of the third season of Mad Men. I have them all recorded on my Dish Network DVR, but I just never got around to watching them.
Last night I decided to take the plunge and reacquaint myself with the entire series by watching all three seasons before season four starts. There are about thirty-eight episodes, so if I average about two episodes a night I should be caught up by my birthday (July 22nd for those of you who care), just in time for the premiere of season four on July 25th.
ITP Flickr Pic
I should’ve predicted that I’d have a photo today, then people would understand why I don’t.
Viva La France!
Tomorrow my World Cup, le Tour de France, begins! Nearly each day during the next three weeks my attention and imagination will be tuned in to the men touring France (and other locales) on their bicycles.
Speaking of bicycles, I think I’ll be mounting mine a few times this long weekend (weather permitting of course) in order to start working on my goal of 150 miles this month. I need to ramp up my riding so I can be ready for the longer rides this Fall.
Anyone Running The Peachtree?
There was a day when I wouldn’t consider missing the Peachtree Road Race 10k. In 1996 it was the first organized race I ever entered (thanks to the girl who broke up with me a week before the race). Those days ended a long time ago when I damaged my knee running my one and only road marathon in 2000 and substitituted the Atlanta Hash‘s Peachtree Pub Crawl in its place.
Due to a condition known as “Being completely drunk by 10am” I gave up on the Peachtree Pub Crawl a handful of years ago and have taken to taking photos at the race instead. Photography is my plan again this year, and if you are running the race let me know from which group you’ll start and I’ll try to keep an eye out for you.
Stats & Goals
Current Mood – depressed, though hoping the weekend is enjoyable
Current Music – listening to yesterday’s “Tech News Today” podcast
Website Of The Day – I think on each day I fail to provide a photo I’ll highlight a person who uses their’s. Check out Neil von Nickerk’s Planet Neil.
Mode Of Transportation To Work – my car
Exercise (b)Log – nothing
Morning Weigh-In – didn’t check
Pages Of 1001 Paintings You Must See Before You Die Read – 77
Foot Mileage – 0 miles, Wheel Mileage – 0 miles
Pushups – 0, Situps – 0
Consecutive Days Of Bed-Making (Longest Streak) – 2 (2)
Vegetarian Days – 0, Carnivorous Days – 1
Marta Rides To Work – 0
Bike Rides To Work – 0
– Not to get sick for the entire month (still waiting to accomplish this)
– Not get fired from my job
– Ride my bicycle no fewer than 150 miles
– Get the Sharpened Stone, LLC moving further
– Complete at least one iPhone application
– Completely plan out my August/September Colorado trip
– Reduce my weight to 185 pounds (starting weight was 198 pounds) [update: On July 1 I’ve sadly gained weight; I’m at 203 pounds]
– Completely read the book 1001 Paintings You Must See Before You Die
– Earn at least $150 through photography sales in order to cover the cost for the renewal of the Sharpened Stone.
– Save $500 for the sole purpose of donating to charitable organizations of my choice
– Attend at least one professional photography workshop
– Enter no fewer than three photographic competitions / gallery showings
Get the Black Sheep stats out of Excel and online
– Ride in no fewer than two 50 mile or 50K bike rides
– Complete my Taco Mac Passport requirement of 125 beers
– Continue backing up all data, including the off-site storage
– Become a proficient programmer in
PHP and CSS Objective-C
– Do not create a solution for something which is not a problem