After gnashing my teeth to weave through heavy afternoon traffic to get to meet up with Cockpit to reccy last night the evening turned out to be a success. We’ve successfully wrapped up with our reccying and now just have to hope for decent weather Sunday. After reccying for a good two hours we headed to Holy Taco for a delicious bite to eat.
Free No More. Free, No More
In the past few months I’ve been digging the free Road (Cycling) magazine app on my iPad. Each month I’d download the magazine and read the parts which interested me as well as admire the photography within.
Unfortunately, starting with the July issue Road magazine requires a paid subscription in order to access their magazine. Sorry but I have too many other free (or much cheaper) entertainment options to warrant paying for Road — so I deleted the app from my iPad.
I Hope That I Could Get Fucked Up Again
It frustrates me when two or more things I’d like to attend occur on the same night. I believe that I mentioned that I’ve signed up for a food blogger event to be held at The Shed in Glenwood Park on September 11th. Yesterday I received an email telling me that Canada’s Fucked Up will be playing at the Drunken Unicorn on the same night.
The good thing about this conflict is that I might be able to attend both as I can’t imagine Fucked Up taking the stage any time before midnight.
ITP Flickr Pic
There is an effort to clean the windows and building at work. My office is on the sixth floor and yesterday the workers’ platform was outside my window.
It is no secret that I am afraid of heights, so I’m glad that they are doing that job instead of me.
(In the background you can see the Concourse — King and Queen — buildings)
No Draper Last Night
I caught up on Top Chef instead of watching Mad Men last night. I was pooped and fell asleep at least twice during my viewing of Top Chef and had to skip back to see what actually happened during the show.
There is buzz on the internets that this season is the most boring Top Chef ever. I can’t say that I disagree, but time will tell. What says you?
I’ve just read AJC food writer John Kessler’s recap of last night’s episode. Kessler’s recaps this season have been less than stellar, and in the comments yesterday he admitted that he has actually stopped watching the show and is recapping from other website’s recaps. Interesting…
Happy (Day Before Your) Birthday
Tomorrow is ITP-Reader Barb’s birthday. I’m hoping that the weather nerds are wrong about their weekend forecast so that I can go out and do a good ride with her on her birthday.
Stats & Goals
Current Mood – confused, but okay
Current Music – getting ready for today’s stage of the Tour de France
Website Of The Day – I didn’t watch any Mad Men, but won’t let that stop me from pimping an artist, Christina Perry, who has made some awesome Mad Men posters.
Mode Of Transportation To Work – my car
Exercise (b)Log – nothing
Morning Weigh-In – didn’t check
Pages Of 1001 Paintings You Must See Before You Die Read – 77
Foot Mileage – ~7 miles, Wheel Mileage – 95.1 miles
Pushups – 0, Situps – 0
Consecutive Days Of Bed-Making (Longest Streak) – 16 (16)
Vegetarian Days – 0, Carnivorous Days – 15
Marta Rides To Work – 0
Bike Rides To Work – 0
– Not to get sick for the entire month (still waiting to accomplish this)
– Not get fired from my job
– Ride my bicycle no fewer than 150 miles
– Get the Sharpened Stone, LLC moving further
– Complete at least one iPhone application
– Completely plan out my August/September Colorado trip
– Reduce my weight to 185 pounds (starting weight was 198 pounds) [update: On July 1 I’ve sadly gained weight; I’m at 203 pounds]
– Completely read the book 1001 Paintings You Must See Before You Die
– Earn at least $150 through photography sales in order to cover the cost for the renewal of the Sharpened Stone.
– Save $500 for the sole purpose of donating to charitable organizations of my choice
– Attend at least one professional photography workshop
– Enter no fewer than three photographic competitions / gallery showings
Get the Black Sheep stats out of Excel and online
– Ride in no fewer than two 50 mile or 50K bike rides
– Complete my Taco Mac Passport requirement of 125 beers
– Continue backing up all data, including the off-site storage
– Become a proficient programmer in
PHP and CSS Objective-C
– Do not create a solution for something which is not a problem