The riders of the Tour de France may be kissing babies and eating soft cheeses today in France, but I took the promise of only a slight chance for rain and the decision to put off doing laundry until another day to hop on my bike for a commute to work. I even managed to give my new cycling shoes a go, though I think some tweaking of my cleat positioning is in order.
As an added bonus, today’s ride is going to help me complete my July goal of riding no fewer than 150 miles this month.
A Funny Thing Happened At Lunch Yesterday
Yesterday at lunch I dropped into Target to buy some rechargeable batteries and an air filter for the house. While there I ran into my old friend Tom, from whom I used to rent a room many moons ago.
You probably don’t remember me mentioning Tom who, with his wife (and my friend) Danielle, hosted the Super Bowl party I attended this year. Back then it had been about ten years since I’d seen Tom, so the fact that I ran into him again only six months later seems like a good omen for me.
After discovering a minor scratch that I’ve put onto the front glass of my iPhone 4 I’ve succumbed to putting a screen protector on the front glass. I had a screen protector on my iPhone 3G from nearly the day I bought it, but had decided to gamble a bit with the iPhone 4. I lost.
Yesterday I dropped by Best Buy and picked up a three pack of screen protectors for the iPhone 4. Admittedly the brilliance of the screen has dropped slightly, but I’ll feel a little more comfortable shoving the phone in my bicycle seat-pack now.
I’m really digging using the iPhone 4 as a macroesque camera which is perfect for small online photos for the blog. And how do you like my office “studio” setup with which I’m using my iPhone’s camera?
RealiTV Update: Hell’s Kitchen — It’s Time To Shut It Down
I’ve been a “fan” of Hell’s Kitchen since it first aired on American airwaves. However, with this season I think that it’s time to shut it down. The group of “chefs” that they brought in for this season is easily the worst group that has ever been on the show, at least according to the way that the show is edited. Thanks to Fox banging out two episodes a week this season is already down to the final four contestants and I can’t see any of them successfully working at Ramsey’s Savoy Grill in London.
Stats & Goals
Current Mood – okay
Current Music – listening to the GardenFork Radio podcast
Website Of The Day – Interested in picking your own fruit/vegetables that are in season? Check out Pick Your Own to see if there are any picking opportunities near you.
Mode Of Transportation To Work – bicycle
Exercise (b)Log – nothing
Morning Weigh-In – almost checked, but didn’t
Pages Of 1001 Paintings You Must See Before You Die Read – 77
Foot Mileage – ~12 miles, Wheel Mileage – 131.6 miles
Pushups – 0, Situps – 0
Consecutive Days Of Bed-Making (Longest Streak) – 3 (16)
Vegetarian Days – 0, Carnivorous Days – 20
Marta Rides To Work – 0
Bike Rides To Work – 0
– Not to get sick for the entire month (still waiting to accomplish this)
– Not get fired from my job
– Ride my bicycle no fewer than 150 miles
– Get the Sharpened Stone, LLC moving further
– Complete at least one iPhone application
– Completely plan out my August/September Colorado trip
– Reduce my weight to 185 pounds (starting weight was 198 pounds) [update: On July 1 I’ve sadly gained weight; I’m at 203 pounds]
– Completely read the book 1001 Paintings You Must See Before You Die
– Earn at least $150 through photography sales in order to cover the cost for the renewal of the Sharpened Stone.
– Save $500 for the sole purpose of donating to charitable organizations of my choice
– Attend at least one professional photography workshop
– Enter no fewer than three photographic competitions / gallery showings
Get the Black Sheep stats out of Excel and online
– Ride in no fewer than two 50 mile or 50K bike rides
– Complete my Taco Mac Passport requirement of 125 beers
– Continue backing up all data, including the off-site storage
– Become a proficient programmer in
PHP and CSS Objective-C
– Do not create a solution for something which is not a problem