Forty-five? Yikes. How the hell did that happen? Oh great, I’m now in the target demographic for the low testosterone commercials that have been shown on the television all through the Tour de France.
I’ve already had two birthday surprises today. My mother called at 6am to sing Happy Birthday. Luckily for me I am an early riser and I was also too lazy to get out of be to make it in to work for the start of today’s Tour de France coverage. Then, on my drive in to work I saw ITP-Reader Betsy and Sarah running through East Atlanta Village. Note: I was pleased that I was driving and not running. 😉
I’d Thought I’d Made A Big Mistake
When the violent storms rushed through the top end of the perimeter yesterday afternoon I questioned my decision to ride my bike to work yesterday. Luckily I was able to wait it out and ride home in a steam bath, with the roads becoming bone dry at some point during the ride. When I made it to the corner of North and Highland I decided to reward myself by stopping and buying honeydew grape popsicle from the King of Pops. The popsicle was delicious, though very hard to eat cleanly while pedaling my bicycle.
I arrived home around 7:30pm and made the decision that by the time I’d cooled down, showered, and drove back up to George’s, most of the people I’d be going up there to see would be headed out the door. Instead, I decided to plop my last-night-as-a-forty-four-year-old-ass on the couch and take in episodes of Mad Men and Top Chef before crashing for the evening.
Happy Birthday To Me
And to David Spade, Willem Dafoe, and Alex Trebek.
Tonight I’ll be joining some others for the Taste of East Atlanta which is happening from 5-9pm tonight. If you have my cell number and want to join in please holler at me later as I don’t know exactly when and where we are going to start the journey.
Tonight may be the first time this year I’ve made it to the East Atlanta Farmers Market. I’m frustrated that I can’t make it to the market more often, and that it is now being held in the parking lot of the former Village Hardware which went out of business a few weeks ago.
Stats & Goals
Current Mood – old
Current Music – listening to today’s Tour de France stage
Website Of The Day – With a website called Happy Happy Birthday To Me how could I not link to Athens Georgia’s Happy Happy Birthday To Me Records today?
Mode Of Transportation To Work – my car
Exercise (b)Log – cycling, 33.4 miles
Morning Weigh-In – couldn’t check, the batteries were dead
Pages Of 1001 Paintings You Must See Before You Die Read – 77
Foot Mileage – ~12 miles, Wheel Mileage – 165.0 miles
Pushups – 0, Situps – 0
Consecutive Days Of Bed-Making (Longest Streak) – 4 (16)
Vegetarian Days – 0, Carnivorous Days – 21
Marta Rides To Work – 0
Bike Rides To Work – 1
– Not to get sick for the entire month (still waiting to accomplish this)
– Not get fired from my job
– Ride my bicycle no fewer than 150 miles
– Get the Sharpened Stone, LLC moving further
– Complete at least one iPhone application
– Completely plan out my August/September Colorado trip
– Reduce my weight to 185 pounds (starting weight was 198 pounds) [update: On July 1 I’ve sadly gained weight; I’m at 203 pounds]
– Completely read the book 1001 Paintings You Must See Before You Die
– Earn at least $150 through photography sales in order to cover the cost for the renewal of the Sharpened Stone.
– Save $500 for the sole purpose of donating to charitable organizations of my choice
– Attend at least one professional photography workshop
– Enter no fewer than three photographic competitions / gallery showings
Get the Black Sheep stats out of Excel and online
– Ride in no fewer than two 50 mile or 50K bike rides
– Complete my Taco Mac Passport requirement of 125 beers
– Continue backing up all data, including the off-site storage
– Become a proficient programmer in
PHP and CSS Objective-C
– Do not create a solution for something which is not a problem