…after an hour of cycling your shorts feel like a swimsuit when you take them off. Holy crap was I ever a sweating machine out there this morning! My knees seemed fairly agreeable today, I’ll have to see what their opinion is when I try to ride home in this afternoon’s predicted brutal heat.
Another Boring Night In Pauliehood
What can I say, I’ve become rather a boring person of late. I had to drive the Red Rocket home last night so I didn’t feel extremely comfortable stopping for dinner anywhere, and besides, I really need to eat less and cheaper than I have been for the longest time. I was too late to hit up the East Atlanta Farmers Market as well, unfortunately. I wound up getting home, taking all of my goods indoors, and making myself a turkey and swiss sandwich for dinner.
After eating I settled in for a night of iPhone development tutorial watching, and promptly fell asleep.
I am a wild and crazy guy!!!
A Question For You
I’m looking for resources for in-season fruit, preferably “locally”-grown, and not über expensive. Why? Because I’m considering adding much more fruit to my diet and would like to make it worth my while. Any suggestions?
ITP Flickr Pic
Well, I thought yesterday’s shot would be the last I posted from last weekend’s photowalk. But then again I thought that I might set up and shoot something last night. I was wrong on both accounts.
I was struck by the play of light and shadow on the old door handles too this door, as well as the touch of red provided by the (modern day) padlock.
One Excursion Scrapped, Another Accepted
For about two weeks I’ve been targeting this weekend as a test of my outdoor readiness and cycling fortitude. I’ve mapped out a fairly tough 34-mile bike ride which starts and end at Black Rock Mountain State Park and was planning on doing it as part of a short camping weekend alone. However, I can’t be guaranteed that it’s not going to rain up there this weekend so I’ve scrapped it and will try again next weekend.
Instead, tomorrow I’ll be joining a few of my photog friends for a trip up to Dalton, GA for a camera swap meet followed by potentially heading up toward the Ocoee to do a little photography up there. It should be a fun time.
Sunday is a Black Sheep Hash hashing day! And, if a start is ever posted I may even consider running it.
What’s on your agenda this weekend?
Happy Birthday To Someone You Don’t Know
Today is the birthday of someone in the rare category of “I’ve known since I’ve graduated from high school.” There should probably be an asterisk on that category because I lost communication with my friend Mike for over fifteen years before being reconnected via Facebook (perhaps the only reason I keep my Facebook account).
Mike is the reason for whatever “coolness” my music collection contains as he was responsible for introducing me to Hüsker Dü, REM, The Smiths, Jason and the Scorchers, and many more. Mike is also the only person with whom I ever attended Spring Break in Daytona “back in the day.” I was able to reconnect with Mike last Christmas and hope to hang out with him again sometime soon.
Happy Birthday, old friend — though I have no idea whether or not you read this space.
Stats & Goals
Current Mood – okay, glad I rode to work today
Current Music – listening to this week’s “net@night” podcast
Website Of The Day – I’m not ashamed to admit that I have a crush on the lovely Felicia Day and her web-series The Guild. I am such a nerd.
Mode Of Transportation To Work – my bike
Exercise (b)Log – cycling, 16.4 miles
Morning Weigh-In – didn’t check
Pages Of 1001 Paintings You Must See Before You Die Read – 77
Foot Mileage – ~12 miles, Wheel Mileage – 245.5 miles
Pushups – 0, Situps – 0
Consecutive Days Of Bed-Making (Longest Streak) – 0 (16)
Vegetarian Days – 0, Carnivorous Days – 29
Marta Rides To Work – 0
Bike Rides To Work – 3
– Not to get sick for the entire month (still waiting to accomplish this)
– Not get fired from my job
– Ride my bicycle no fewer than 150 miles
– Get the Sharpened Stone, LLC moving further
– Complete at least one iPhone application
– Completely plan out my August/September Colorado trip
– Reduce my weight to 185 pounds (starting weight was 198 pounds) [update: On July 1 I’ve sadly gained weight; I’m at 203 pounds]
– Completely read the book 1001 Paintings You Must See Before You Die
– Earn at least $150 through photography sales in order to cover the cost for the renewal of the Sharpened Stone.
– Save $500 for the sole purpose of donating to charitable organizations of my choice
– Attend at least one professional photography workshop
– Enter no fewer than three photographic competitions / gallery showings
Get the Black Sheep stats out of Excel and online
– Ride in no fewer than two 50 mile or 50K bike rides
– Complete my Taco Mac Passport requirement of 125 beers
– Continue backing up all data, including the off-site storage
– Become a proficient programmer in
PHP and CSS Objective-C
– Do not create a solution for something which is not a problem