Anyone remember the Dennis Leary song by the same name?
Scoreboard, Part 1
Flat Tires, 1 – Apparently I pinch flatted because of my roadside repair. This morning I noticed that the rear tire was a touch soft so I pumped it up to a rock-solid state prior to my ride this morning. A little more than two miles into my journey I hit a bump in the road (literally) and immediately heard pffffffffffft. DANGEN! Not again! So it was off the bike for another roadside tube change. Looks like I’ll be walking over to REI for another patch kit, and because all of my CO2 cartridges are now at home, another one of those for my ride home tonight.
Mini-Lectures, 1 – After getting my ride in order again I restarted my pedaling to work. Along Oakdale I passed another cycling commuter and because I was lagging I popped through the light at McClendon Av. As I was stopped at the light at North Av / Moreland Av she pulled up behind me and the following conversation occurred.
Her: “You know you shouldn’t run red lights.”
Me: *taking my earbud out* “Pardon me?”
Her: “You know you shouldn’t run red lights.”
Me: “I’m fine.” (In an asshole-ish tone because the last thing I wanted this morning was to be lectured)
Her: “Well, I had a friend die six months ago running a red light.”
Me: “Oh, well I’m sorry to hear that.”
At which point the light changed and I let her go ahead of me.
I then noticed that she had not rear light on her bicycling. Odd for someone so concerned about safety.
Pulling a “Schleck”, 1 – As if flatting wasn’t bad enough I had to stop one more time in order to repair a chain malfunction. My chain coming off probably cost me the chance of winning this year’s Tour de France.
Scoreboard, Part 2
Second place isn’t bad, right? Even when you come in second out of four?
Last night I joined some old friends for team trivia at F.R.O.G.S. Oddly there were only four teams playing and we managed to finish in second place. The evening was quite fun even though I didn’t eat anything other than chips and queso and didn’t realize that they had decent beer on draft.
After trivia I headed over to Trader Joe’s where I picked up some blueberries, blackberries, raspberries, and bananas. Can you tell that I’m trying to eat a little healthier?
It’s Official, I’m Going To Stop Looking For New Flip-Flops
A couple of weeks ago I had a minor blowout on my favorite pair of flip-flops. Unconcerned I assumed that I could go out an buy another pair at a decent price, even if I couldn’t recall where I had purchased the pair of Columbia’s that I’m wearing. I couldn’t be any more wrong.
I’ve checked REI, Sports Authority, Dick’s Sporting Goods, and Target all with no luck. It seems as if flop-flop styles have changed and I can’t find a pair which fits, fits my minor concern for fashion, and doesn’t cost an arm and a leg.
Stats & Goals
Current Mood – A bit asshole-ish today
Current Music – listening to last night’s Top Chef because I missed it last night.
Website Of The Day – iPhonic is a cool website collecting great photos taken with iPhones.
Mode Of Transportation To Work – my bike
Exercise (b)Log – nothing
Morning Weigh-In – didn’t check because I was afraid that I wouldn’t like what I saw
Pages Of 1001 Paintings You Must See Before You Die Read – 77
Foot Mileage – 0 miles, Wheel Mileage – 67.2 miles
Pushups – 0, Situps – 0
Consecutive Days Of Bed-Making (Longest Streak) – 4 (6)
Vegetarian Days – 1, Carnivorous Days – 10
Marta Rides To Work – 0
Bike Rides To Work – 2
– Not to get sick for the entire month (I did it once, I can do it again!)
– Not get fired from my job
– Ride my bicycle no fewer than 200 miles
– Get the Sharpened Stone, LLC moving further
– Complete at least one iPhone application (seriously, this needs to happen)
– Completely plan out my August/September Colorado trip
– Reduce my weight to 185 pounds (starting weight was 198 pounds) [update: On July 1 I’ve sadly gained weight; I’m at 203 pounds]
– Completely read the book 1001 Paintings You Must See Before You Die
– Earn at least $150 through photography sales in order to cover the cost for the renewal of the Sharpened Stone.
– Save $500 for the sole purpose of donating to charitable organizations of my choice
– Attend at least one professional photography workshop
– Enter no fewer than three photographic competitions / gallery showings
Get the Black Sheep stats out of Excel and online
– Ride in no fewer than two 50 mile or 50K bike rides
– Complete my Taco Mac Passport requirement of 125 beers
– Continue backing up all data, including the off-site storage
– Become a proficient programmer in
PHP and CSS Objective-C
– Do not create a solution for something which is not a problem