It’s recruiting time again kids! I’m headed to Clemson University today for their career fair. Fingers crossed that the Jackmobile is ready for some more driving.
We’ll Always Have Parish
It’s a good thing that ITP-Reader Betsy and I had to meet up for a late dinner (9pm to be exact) because Parish was slammed when I arrived just before our scheduled meeting time. Upon entering I was asked if I had a reservation, for 9am on a Tuesday night, and since I didn’t I headed to the bar and waited there for Betsy.
Parish was filled with many pretty people, including our young and lovely bartender Lauren, who was obviously having a rough night because of the amount of work which was necessary to handle the crowd. I asked one of the waitstaff if this was normal for a Tuesday night and found out that it is not, the crowd was due in part to the fact that this is apparently Restaurant Week for Concentrics Hospitality, the owner of Parish, as well as being the final week to use the Groupon deal for Parish. Betsy and I were there to participate in the latter.
The meal last night was delicious, and I was thankful that we had my $35 Groupon coupon (which I don’t recall how much I paid for it, so it felt like we were getting $35 off). I drank a few Abita Ambers while Betsy chose to go with wine. Because the restaurant had run out of the bacon and beet appetizer the two of us shared a charcuterie plate, however I don’t think either of us were disappointed. I ordered a stuffed catfish plate served over a smoked-corn maque choux while Betsy ordered the local farm vegetable plate consisting of fried green tomatoes, sugar snap peas, asparagus, radishes, squash and grits. We shared each of these entrees and I have to say that both plates were rather tasty.
The pre-discount total for our meal was about $85. If I ever get one of those things the kids call a “date” I might return to Parish with her.
ITP Flickr Pic
The other night I went to Lee’s Bakery and like the food blogging nerd I desire to be I took a photo of my Bahn Mi sandwich using my iPhone
The photo was “okay” but I decided it needed to be doctored a bit using the Polaroid processing by the iPhone app called “Camera Bag.”
I know exactly when I felt the first tinge of pain while hashing on Sunday, though the damage may have been done already. When putting on my hashing shoes I notice that my right index toe had some reddening on its “knuckle” but didn’t think much of it. At some time during the hash I felt a sting/bite which I at first attributed to the plants through which we were hashing. For the past few days the toe has been stiff, with what can best be described as a red-ant bite in the spot that showed reddening. The damage to my toe jives with the few ants I saw on my legs later that day while standing around my car at the hash’s end, so I don’t fear that the pain and swelling is anything more than the results of an ant bite.
But it hurts. And I have to stand on my feet for at least four hours today. And I was hoping to ride my bike on Saturday morning. Oh Advil, work your magic.
Stats & Goals
Current Mood – concerned
Current Music – listening to today’s Daily Giz Wiz podcast
Website Of The Day – Local good blog Chow Down Atlanta published an interesting round up of local Bahn Mi sandwiches.
Mode Of Transportation To Work – my car
Exercise (b)Log – nothing
Morning Weigh-In – not going to check
Pages Of 1001 Paintings You Must See Before You Die Read – 77
Foot Mileage – ~15 miles, Wheel Mileage – 0 miles
Pushups – 0, Situps – 0
Consecutive Days Of Bed-Making (Longest Streak) – 2 (2)
Vegetarian Days – 0, Carnivorous Days – 14
Marta Rides To Work – 0
Bike Rides To Work – 0
– Not to get sick for the entire month
– Not get fired from my job
– Ride my bicycle no fewer than 250 miles
– Determine the fate of Sharpened Stone, LLC
– Complete at least one iPhone application (seriously, this needs to happen)
– lose five pounds
– eat vegetarian at least one day a week
– Reduce my weight to 185 pounds (starting weight was 198 pounds) [update: On July 1 I’ve sadly gained weight; I’m at 203 pounds]
– Completely read the book 1001 Paintings You Must See Before You Die
– Earn at least $150 through photography sales in order to cover the cost for the renewal of the Sharpened Stone.
– Save $500 for the sole purpose of donating to charitable organizations of my choice
– Attend at least one professional photography workshop
– Enter no fewer than three photographic competitions / gallery showings
Get the Black Sheep stats out of Excel and online
– Ride in no fewer than two 50 mile or 50K bike rides
– Complete my Taco Mac Passport requirement of 125 beers
– Continue backing up all data, including the off-site storage
– Become a proficient programmer in
PHP and CSS Objective-C
– Do not create a solution for something which is not a problem