Last night consisted of meeting up with some Flickr / RPS friends at the Thinking Man Tavern (which employs one of the cutest young waitresses I have ever seen) for a bite to eat. The plan was to head from dinner to the Jackson St bridge to do a little sunset photography, but I had other fish to fry (not literally, of course) so after a pit stop at the corner of North and Highland for a delicious King of Pops Banana Pudding popsicle I turned the Jackmobile toward Kroger. At Kroger I picked up all of the necessary ingredients for this year’s version of Andouille Grit Cakes with a
Crawfish Shrimp Cream Sauce.
Tonight I plan to prepare the grit cakes, which need to be refrigerated overnight, so that I can have everything packed into the Jackmobile for my journey up to Hartwell after work tomorrow afternoon.
Things That Go Swish And Thump In The Night
It happened again last night. I was lying in bed when I heard a strange noise outside. The noise reminded me of the one I heard a year or so ago when my neighbor’s aged sweetgum tree dropped a large branch. It was dark outside by the time this noise occurred, just like the last time this happened, so when I went on my cursory fact finding mission on my back deck I saw nothing.
I posted a quick update of this event on my Facebook account, and quickly one of my friends confirmed my suspicion. Apparently she was walking her dog down my street when the branch fell and she said that the loud sound startled her and the dog.
I checked things out this morning and there was thankfully no damage to my property. However, this tree is ancient and huge, and has been losing about a thick branch a year for the past three years so I’m concerned about the long-term health of this tree. This incident has also reminded me that I’ve wanted to have someone come out and trim back some branches, as well as take out one medium-sized tree which threaten my house’s roof. Oh goody! Another opportunity to spend a lot of money for maintenance! Ugh.
Stats & Goals
Current Mood – meh, the toe is slowly coming around
Current Music – silence at the moment
Website Of The Day – If I had a stash of decent photos with which I’d like to publish a book I could use Poyomi to produce my book.
Mode Of Transportation To Work – my car
Exercise (b)Log – nothing
Morning Weigh-In – don’t want to know
Pages Of 1001 Paintings You Must See Before You Die Read – 77
Foot Mileage – ~15 miles, Wheel Mileage – 0 miles
Pushups – 0, Situps – 0
Consecutive Days Of Bed-Making (Longest Streak) – 0 (2)
Vegetarian Days – 0, Carnivorous Days – 22
Marta Rides To Work – 0
Bike Rides To Work – 0
– Not to get sick for the entire month
– Not get fired from my job
– Ride my bicycle no fewer than 250 miles
– Determine the fate of Sharpened Stone, LLC
– Complete at least one iPhone application (seriously, this needs to happen)
– lose five pounds
– eat vegetarian at least one day a week
– Reduce my weight to 185 pounds (starting weight was 198 pounds) [update: On July 1 I’ve sadly gained weight; I’m at 203 pounds]
– Completely read the book 1001 Paintings You Must See Before You Die
– Earn at least $150 through photography sales in order to cover the cost for the renewal of the Sharpened Stone.
– Save $500 for the sole purpose of donating to charitable organizations of my choice
– Attend at least one professional photography workshop
– Enter no fewer than three photographic competitions / gallery showings
Get the Black Sheep stats out of Excel and online
– Ride in no fewer than two 50 mile or 50K bike rides
– Complete my Taco Mac Passport requirement of 125 beers
– Continue backing up all data, including the off-site storage
– Become a proficient programmer in
PHP and CSS Objective-C
– Do not create a solution for something which is not a problem