I should not be allowed to hang around a table of free food. When I do all good intentions fly quickly out the window as the food flies quickly into my mouth.
Bike Night At Mango’s : SausageFest
While there were a minority of women at Kat and Mango’s house for Bike Night, the count of those who were available were rather low. On my drive over that way last evening I sat behind a beautiful young woman, sporting a Six Gap jersey, on her bicycle and hoped she was riding over to Bike Night — of course she was not.
This being Biketoberfest there were more sausages than those in the pants of the night’s participants. Even though I should have been content with my Lee’s Bakery Banh Mi I decided to stuff a wurst into my pie hole and nosh on the other available snacks all evening long.
I’m pleased to announce that the Red Rocket is in perfect working order again, except that I need to harden up the tires with some air. Now if I could only get healthy and then try to find time to ride…
ITP Flickr Pic
Sorry kids, somebody has been a bad photographer…
Nothing Ventured, Nothing Gained
Yesterday I chose to take a gamble and take myself and co-worker Duke to a new restaurant on Buford Highway. I’d tell you the name, but I cannot remember it exactly; I’ll guess Hanwoon, though I do know it’s where First China used to be.
Normally I love being the only caucasian in a restaurant, it’s usually a sign that the menu will be challenging and that I’m in for a superior, and perhaps inexpensive, food experience. Yesterday was the exception to that rule. The lunch menu items, at least those written in English, were pedestrian at best so Duke and I opted for dim sum. The dim sum offerings were tasty but much more limited than those I’ve seen at weekday lunches at places like Royal China. Will I go back (to at least learn the name of the establishment)? Perhaps. But, if I do I am going to enquire about the menu items written in Chinese before I order. For the record, with tax and tip my portion of yesterday’s lunch cost me $9.
Stats & Goals
Current Mood – okay
Current Music – listening to the “MacBreak Weekly” podcast
Website Of The Day – I’m surprised that I’ve never recommended All Recipes in the six years that I’ve been producing this blog. Related: I miss cooking at home.
Mode Of Transportation To Work – my car
Exercise (b)Log – nothing
Morning Weigh-In – didn’t check
Pages Of 1001 Paintings You Must See Before You Die Read – 77
Foot Mileage – 0 miles, Wheel Mileage – 0 miles
Pushups – 0, Situps – 0
Consecutive Days Of Bed-Making (Longest Streak) – 0 (0)
Vegetarian Days – 5, Carnivorous Days – 7
Marta Rides To Work – 0
Bike Rides To Work – 0
– Not to get sick for the entire month
– Not get fired from my job
– Ride my bicycle no fewer than 200 miles
– Determine the fate of Sharpened Stone, LLC
– Complete at least one iPhone application (seriously, this needs to happen)
– lose five pounds
– eat vegetarian at least one day a week
– Reduce my weight to 185 pounds (starting weight was 198 pounds) [update: On July 1 I’ve sadly gained weight; I’m at 203 pounds]
– Completely read the book 1001 Paintings You Must See Before You Die
– Earn at least $150 through photography sales in order to cover the cost for the renewal of the Sharpened Stone.
– Save $500 for the sole purpose of donating to charitable organizations of my choice
– Attend at least one professional photography workshop
– Enter no fewer than three photographic competitions / gallery showings
Get the Black Sheep stats out of Excel and online
– Ride in no fewer than two 50 mile or 50K bike rides
– Complete my Taco Mac Passport requirement of 125 beers
– Continue backing up all data, including the off-site storage
– Become a proficient programmer in
PHP and CSS Objective-C
– Do not create a solution for something which is not a problem