It wasn’t that I missed meat, it’s that the food which sounded best at lunch and dinner contained meat. At lunch I ate a Korean hot pot at the food court inside the Super-H Mart on Peachtree Industrial. The meal was amazing except for the fact that I got a couple of red spot stains on my beige shirt. I wish food stains were the new black this season. At dinner the Roswell Photographic Society crew tried a new restaurant in Roswell called Lucky’s Burgers and Brew where I ate a delicious (fried) chicken sandwich.
It Might Be Time For A Change
I’ve been going to Roswell Photographic Society meetings for a few years now, and I’ve come to the conclusion that it may not be for me. I have a great group of friends who attend, which may be the reason I continue to show, but there are never any young single women in attendance, and I’m finding myself conflicted with the “critiques” which are rarely more than photography reviews due to the number of photos submitted.
Last night’s reviewer picked a couple of cliché shots — under a pier at sunrise, down a spiraling staircase, — which, while the were fine photos, introduced nothing new and I’m frustrated that this subject matter continues to get accolades. Let it be known that I never submitted a photo last night so I had no dog in the hunt, so I’m not bitter that these photos bested mine.
ITP Flickr Pic
Um yeah, about my photography… Ugh.
It’s Now A SkypePad
Last night I called my mother using Skype running on my iPad. Using the Apple iPad Connection Kit (so that I had an available USB port) and my headset I was able to call my mother and conduct a twenty-minute conversation using my WiFi connection.
There is a certain nugget of humor in the fact that I finally figured out how to use Skype for my long distance calls after I had AT&T U-Verse installed which provides me unlimited long-distance calling within the US and to Canada.
Breaking Up Won’t Be Hard To Do
Tonight I will probably wind my way into Decatur to meet up at The Marlay with a group of folks who plan to chat over beers as we all throw some chlorine into our Social Networking pools. What does that mean? Well, we’ve all come to realize that we have many extraneous Twitter / Facebook / LinkedIn “relationships” and that it may be time to return some sanity to our live by eliminating some of them. What better way to do that than over beer? (Seriously, there is little in my life that isn’t improved by the addition of beer.)
The Return Of The Birthday Wishes
Today’s birthday greetings go out to ITP-Reader Sal. I hope that you have a great day, Sal.
Stats & Goals
Current Mood – getting better
Current Music – listening to last weekend’s “The Splendid Table” podcast
Website Of The Day – Thinking of purchasing a new projector for your home theater room? Get the scoop on the latest gear at Projector Central. (Yeah, I’m considering a future replacement for my projector.)
Mode Of Transportation To Work – my car
Exercise (b)Log – nothing
Morning Weigh-In –
Pages Of 1001 Paintings You Must See Before You Die Read – 77
Foot Mileage – 0 miles, Wheel Mileage – 0 miles
Pushups – 0, Situps – 0
Consecutive Days Of Bed-Making (Longest Streak) – 0 (0)
Vegetarian Days – 9, Carnivorous Days – 9
Marta Rides To Work – 0
Bike Rides To Work – 0
– Not to get sick for the entire month
– Not get fired from my job
– Ride my bicycle no fewer than 200 miles
– Determine the fate of Sharpened Stone, LLC
– Complete at least one iPhone application (seriously, this needs to happen)
– lose five pounds
– eat vegetarian at least one day a week
– Reduce my weight to 185 pounds (starting weight was 198 pounds) [update: On July 1 I’ve sadly gained weight; I’m at 203 pounds]
– Completely read the book 1001 Paintings You Must See Before You Die
– Earn at least $150 through photography sales in order to cover the cost for the renewal of the Sharpened Stone.
– Save $500 for the sole purpose of donating to charitable organizations of my choice
– Attend at least one professional photography workshop
– Enter no fewer than three photographic competitions / gallery showings
Get the Black Sheep stats out of Excel and online
– Ride in no fewer than two 50 mile or 50K bike rides
– Complete my Taco Mac Passport requirement of 125 beers
– Continue backing up all data, including the off-site storage
– Become a proficient programmer in
PHP and CSS Objective-C
– Do not create a solution for something which is not a problem