Today’s title is both figurative and literal. I really need a few nights at home straightening my household and getting my things in order. The literal aspect of the title relates to Sharpened Stone, LLC. Yesterday I received yet another document from the State regarding Sharpened Stone and its (lack of) sales tax related filings. I think I should speak to a business consultant or accountant soon (have any recommendations?) in order to understand what the hell is going on with this matter and to decide whether or not I deem Sharpened Stone, LLC to be a viable business venture instead of the grief and headache causing venture it has been since August.
Making The Cut
Last night a small group of friends met up at The Marlay for a night of drinking and defriending. The assembled crew had a good time discussing their relationships with their Twitter followers and Facebook friends while making judgements as to whether to keep or dimiss them. I pared down about a dozen Twitter and Facebook connections, today I think I’ll go through my Flickr contacts and do the same.
ITP Flickr Pic
Son Of A Fucking Bitch!
When I experienced all sorts of problems with Text Expander, the Mac application I was using to expand shortcut macros into longer strings of text, I moved to Google’s Chrome browser and an extension called Popchrom. Popchrom promised to do almost the same thing as Text Expander and up until this morning I was pleased with its performance.
While starting today’s blog I typed htmla and hit CTRL+SPACE as I have been in order to expand this into the HTML code used for defining a hyperlink… but nothing happened. I tried again, and nothing happened. I opened the Chrome Extensions tab and discovered that all of my Popchrom shortcut macros are missing and there is no explanation as to why. That’s it! I’m giving up on convenience apps / extensions because I’ve come to rely on them and they keep letting me down.
Update: It appears that I am not the only one experiencing this problem. A bug report has been filed today which sounds exactly the same as my issue.
It May Be A Mountain-Top Finish Today
Today is the calculated day that the sun will set behind downtown Atlanta as viewed from Stone Mountain. For the past few years I’ve been climbing the mountain on the calculated dates in order to take shots of the sun setting. I’m considering going tonight, but a few hurdles are in my way.
- I’m tired.
- I need to slow down.
- I need to organize all of my paperwork, including getting all of the Sharpened Stone paperwork in order in case I can consult with an account or business consultant about my options.
- I have many beautiful photos of the sun setting behind downtown Atlanta and tonight’s weather prediction is for clears skies, which frankly is not the greatest of weather conditions for this shoot.
We’ll see. I will most likely make my decision right as I leave the office tonight.
Stats & Goals
Current Mood – meh
Current Music – silence as I decide to what I want to listen
Website Of The Day – While not perfect Tweepi was a valuable tool for helping me weed out my Twitter herd last night.
Mode Of Transportation To Work – my car
Exercise (b)Log – nothing
Morning Weigh-In – didn’t check
Pages Of 1001 Paintings You Must See Before You Die Read – 77
Foot Mileage – 0 miles, Wheel Mileage – 0 miles
Pushups – 0, Situps – 0
Consecutive Days Of Bed-Making (Longest Streak) – 0 (0)
Vegetarian Days – 9, Carnivorous Days – 10
Marta Rides To Work – 0
Bike Rides To Work – 0
– Not to get sick for the entire month
– Not get fired from my job
– Ride my bicycle no fewer than 200 miles
– Determine the fate of Sharpened Stone, LLC
– Complete at least one iPhone application (seriously, this needs to happen)
– lose five pounds
– eat vegetarian at least one day a week
– Reduce my weight to 185 pounds (starting weight was 198 pounds) [update: On July 1 I’ve sadly gained weight; I’m at 203 pounds]
– Completely read the book 1001 Paintings You Must See Before You Die
– Earn at least $150 through photography sales in order to cover the cost for the renewal of the Sharpened Stone.
– Save $500 for the sole purpose of donating to charitable organizations of my choice
– Attend at least one professional photography workshop
– Enter no fewer than three photographic competitions / gallery showings
Get the Black Sheep stats out of Excel and online
– Ride in no fewer than two 50 mile or 50K bike rides
– Complete my Taco Mac Passport requirement of 125 beers
– Continue backing up all data, including the off-site storage
– Become a proficient programmer in
PHP and CSS Objective-C
– Do not create a solution for something which is not a problem