At the suggestion of one of my friends I decided to buy, download, and begin to read “The Power of Positive Thinking” yesterday. I read the Preface and Introduction while doing some laundry last night, and though I’m not all into the religious tones present, I think I’ll benefit by carving some time out of my busy schedule to read this book. For starters I’m trying to think positively so that the coughing and sneezing which have tormented me for the past few days goes away quickly because I’m seriously tired of feeling ill.
Uno Taco, Por Favor
Last night I ate dinner at Las Tortas Locas in Chamblee/Doraville while I did laundry. After having an all-too-large lunch I decided that I should be responsible at dinner time. I ordered, and received, a single pastor taco (with pineapple and cheese added), and a horchata drink — all of which I ordered in my best mangled Spanish. By adding to that a jalapeño (which was incredibly hot/spicy), some carrot slices, and half of a sweet potato I made what I deemed to be a delicious, and fairly respectable dinner.
ITP Flickr Pic
I was a bit bored as I waited for my clothes to dry last night. While I was listening to a podcast using my earbuds the volume on the televisions around me were turned so high that I couldn’t concentrate on the podcast so my mind wandered.
The prominent color you see is from my Hong Kong Phooey pajamas. Yes, I own and wear Hong Kong Phooey pajamas, do you have a problem with that?
Gilding The Lily, Tilting The Kilt
After work tonight I’ll be checking out the new Tilted Kilt near my office. Yeah I know, it’s a chauvinistic place where the waitresses’ outfits are nothing more than flat-belly-revealing shirts and short
skirts kilts. Damn, I can’t wait!
I Thought I Had More To Say
But I’m drawing a blank….
Stats & Goals
Current Mood – fair, looking forward to the weekend
Current Music – listening to an NPR concert podcast featuring The Tallest Man On Earth
Website Of The Day – Because it was a printed magazine I let my subscription to Photographer’s Forum lapse. In looking to see if I could subscribe to a digital version I found that they give the digital version away for free. Awesome!
Mode Of Transportation To Work – my car
Exercise (b)Log – nothing
Morning Weigh-In – didn’t check, will start again in November
Pages Of 1001 Paintings You Must See Before You Die Read – 77
Foot Mileage – 0 miles, Wheel Mileage – 0 miles
Pushups – 0, Situps – 0
Consecutive Days Of Bed-Making (Longest Streak) – 0 (0)
Vegetarian Days – 9, Carnivorous Days – 12
Marta Rides To Work – 0
Bike Rides To Work – 0
– Not to get sick for the entire month
– Not get fired from my job
– Ride my bicycle no fewer than 200 miles
– Determine the fate of Sharpened Stone, LLC
– Complete at least one iPhone application (seriously, this needs to happen)
– lose five pounds
– eat vegetarian at least one day a week
– Reduce my weight to 185 pounds (starting weight was 198 pounds) [update: On July 1 I’ve sadly gained weight; I’m at 203 pounds]
– Completely read the book 1001 Paintings You Must See Before You Die
– Earn at least $150 through photography sales in order to cover the cost for the renewal of the Sharpened Stone.
– Save $500 for the sole purpose of donating to charitable organizations of my choice
– Attend at least one professional photography workshop
– Enter no fewer than three photographic competitions / gallery showings
Get the Black Sheep stats out of Excel and online
– Ride in no fewer than two 50 mile or 50K bike rides
– Complete my Taco Mac Passport requirement of 125 beers
– Continue backing up all data, including the off-site storage
– Become a proficient programmer in
PHP and CSS Objective-C
– Do not create a solution for something which is not a problem