I’m sporting my first sweater of the season today. I have to admit that it didn’t feel as cold this morning as I expected it to feel, lack of wind perhaps?
I Eat Fast
I had a haircut appointment at 7:15pm at Nadine’s in Virginia-Highland so when I parked my car down there at 6:20pm I had a decision to make — walk to Taco Mac and get a quick meal before the haircut, or wait until after my haircut and get a bite at either Taco Mac, The Original El Taco, or DBA Barbecue. I went for the former.
It took me a while to decide which beer to order (#115 for those keeping score at home) especially since I’ve already used up my Lagunitas IPA slot which was the “free pint glass” beer for the month. I finally decided on a 21st Amendment “Brew Free or Die,” and when the waiter returned with it I ordered a Black and Blue Cheese Grilled Chicken Sandwich. The sandwich took some time to arrive, the waiter apologized at least once, and when it did I politely asked for my check. The waiter seemed offended, “I put your order in immediately.” he exclaimed, and when I told him that I had an appointment to make and that having the check would allow me to make my appointment on time, he showed no signs of relief that I was not disappointed with his service. When he delivered the bill and made sure that everything was “okay” I tried to explain that I had no problems with anything, and that it was my limited time which made my kurt. I don’t think I ever got my point across to him.
My effort to get home early in order to start researching sales tax, which was the reason I decided to eat prior to getting my hair cut, was met with mixed success. I started reading the documentation and determined that I will fill it out this weekend and hopefully conduct a confidence check with my accountant prior to sending it in next week. Wish me luck with that…
ITP Flickr Pic
I had photos from last weekend, but they didn’t make it to the internets prior to today. This was a happy accident which occurred yesterday. After downloading the latest upgrade to the Hipstamatic iPhone app yesterday I decided to try it out. I accidentally pressed the “shutter” while the flash was enabled and the lens pointed at my iPad and wound up with this.
Kind of reminds me of an album cover. You remember those, don’t you?
And yes, I do have this month’s Esquire cover as the lock screen of my iPad.
Cold Weather Is Upon Us
The one activity not affected by the cold weather which has engulfed us is my plan on attending the Shearwater show at The EARL. All other potential activities are on “Maybe” status.
The list includes:
What are you up to this weekend?
And of course don’t forget to set you clocks back and hour at 2:00am Sunday… that is unless you live in an area that doesn’t practice this ridiculous time-shifting routine.
Stats & Goals
Current Mood – fat, but getting better overall
Current Music – listening to a CBC Radio 3 podcast
Website Of The Day – Not sure my “mistake photo” is worthy of Geek Sugar’s Cool Capture site, but I still like it.
Mode Of Transportation To Work – my car
Exercise (b)Log – nothing
Morning Weigh-In – didn’t check, this starts again on Monday
Pages Of 1001 Paintings You Must See Before You Die Read – 77
Foot Mileage – 0 miles, Wheel Mileage – 0 miles
Pushups – 0, Situps – 25
Consecutive Days Of Bed-Making (Longest Streak) – 0 (0)
Vegetarian Days – 0, Carnivorous Days – 4
Marta Rides To Work – 0
Bike Rides To Work – 0
– Not to get sick for the entire month
– Not get fired from my job
– Ride my bicycle no fewer than 100 miles
– Run no fewer than 50 miles
– Determine the fate of Sharpened Stone, LLC
– lose five pounds
– eat vegetarian at least one day a week
– Reduce my weight to 185 pounds (starting weight was 198 pounds) [update: On July 1 I’ve sadly gained weight; I’m at 203 pounds]
– Completely read the book 1001 Paintings You Must See Before You Die
– Earn at least $150 through photography sales in order to cover the cost for the renewal of the Sharpened Stone.
– Save $500 for the sole purpose of donating to charitable organizations of my choice
– Attend at least one professional photography workshop
– Enter no fewer than three photographic competitions / gallery showings
Get the Black Sheep stats out of Excel and online, completed
Ride in no fewer than two 50 mile or 50K bike rides, completed
– Complete my Taco Mac Passport requirement of 125 beers
– Continue backing up all data, including the off-site storage
– Become a proficient programmer in
PHP and CSS Objective-C
– Do not create a solution for something which is not a problem