I remembered to change the blog’s time to Standard Time, and even better, I learned that I can configure the blog so that the time shift occurs automatically in the future. Apparently somebody at Apple has similar problems with time as the Clock application on the iPhone is currently sounding alarms one hour too late.
Plans: They’re Meant To Be Altered
Life is odd. Yesterday I started listening to a Corb Lund concert podcast issued by CBC Radio 3. You might remember Corb Lund’s name from this blog because recently each time he plays in Atlanta I have had plans to attend a different concert on that same night. While listening to the Canadian Country singer I decided to see if Lund had posted any tour information for 2011 in hopes that I could finally catch his show, hopefully somewhere in his home country. To my surprise I found out that Lund and his band are opening for a show at Peachtree Tavern this coming Friday!
One problem, I’m going camping this weekend. Well, now it looks as if I’ll be leaving for Pine Mountain on early Saturday morning instead of Friday night as originally planned. Normally I wouldn’t change my plans in order to see an opening band, but I’ve missed Lund each time he’s come to Atlanta (well, since I first was introduced to his music) and really don’t want to miss another opportunity.
ITP Flickr Pic
Early morning Majestic Diner breakfast before the return to Standard Time presented an opportunity to do a little long-shutter photography.
The rest of the day included a trip to the Wing’s camera sale (I bought nothing), a drive around Butthead failing to find parking to get into the North Face store, having lunch at OK Cafe — whose food I sad to report is just OK these days, and believe it or not, going home and doing yard work.
East Atlanta Deadbeat Dads: Once A Juggernaut, Now Just Naughts
Oh boy, the once might East Atlanta Deadbeat Dads have returned to Earth with a mighty thud. Things were getting bad enough with two of my star players getting injured — one of which getting reinjured by leaving yesterday’s game with a concussion — and one now playing for a team which had a bye week. Then, my opponent out-and-out whipped my ass thanks to some stellar performances including 28 points from the Green Bay Packers defense (have I mentioned that I’m starting to dislike the Packers?).
The Double D’s are now (unofficially) 6-2 and tied for first place in my league, but fading fast.
Stats & Goals
Current Mood – frustrated
Current Music – listening to last night’s The Amazing Race, though because football went so late last night I’ll probably not know who gets eliminated
Website Of The Day – Need cables for the fancy-pants new electronics you’re buying? Please don’t be robbed at Best Buy, buy from Monoprice instead.
Mode Of Transportation To Work – my car
Exercise (b)Log – hashing, ~4 miles
Morning Weigh-In – 203 pounds
Pages Of 1001 Paintings You Must See Before You Die Read – 77
Foot Mileage – ~4 miles, Wheel Mileage – 0 miles
Pushups – 0, Situps – 25
Consecutive Days Of Bed-Making (Longest Streak) – 0 (0)
Vegetarian Days – 0, Carnivorous Days – 7
Marta Rides To Work – 0
Bike Rides To Work – 0
– Not to get sick for the entire month
– Not get fired from my job
– Ride my bicycle no fewer than 100 miles
– Run no fewer than 50 miles
– Determine the fate of Sharpened Stone, LLC
– lose five pounds
– eat vegetarian at least one day a week
– Reduce my weight to 185 pounds (starting weight was 198 pounds) [update: On July 1 I’ve sadly gained weight; I’m at 203 pounds]
– Completely read the book 1001 Paintings You Must See Before You Die
– Earn at least $150 through photography sales in order to cover the cost for the renewal of the Sharpened Stone.
– Save $500 for the sole purpose of donating to charitable organizations of my choice
– Attend at least one professional photography workshop
– Enter no fewer than three photographic competitions / gallery showings
Get the Black Sheep stats out of Excel and online, completed
Ride in no fewer than two 50 mile or 50K bike rides, completed
– Complete my Taco Mac Passport requirement of 125 beers
– Continue backing up all data, including the off-site storage
– Become a proficient programmer in
PHP and CSS Objective-C
– Do not create a solution for something which is not a problem