Today appears to be like it will be a day for which I wish I had a paid day off in my back pocket. The weather yesterday was amazing and thing today will bring more of the same.
One Era Ends, Another Starts
I received a “You’ve been a very bad Beta tester email this week. It’s not the first time I’ve received one from, but it will be the last. I’ve decided to give up my aged Dish 811 beta settop box and resume the era of “Getting Rid of Shit.” What does giving up my only beta receiver mean? It means that the Inside The Perimeter estate no longer will get every* channel broadcast over Dish Network. Honestly, I’m not that broken up by this.
* Because of its age the 811 is incapable of getting all of Dish Network’s channels.
A Funny Thing Happened On The Way To The Lavanderia
While driving to the lavanderia last evening I decided that I wasn’t hungry and therefore would not be eating dinner. With no food planned I chose the lavanderia near Las Tortas Locas (figuring since I had eaten there for lunch a couple of days ago I’d be less likely to go in and get food “just because”).
I managed to abstain from eating, though I did go into Hoa Binh market and buy a package of sausage for later consumption, until I got home and started watching some football on my final evening with the Dish 811 beta receiver.
ITP Flickr Pic
Admittedly I saw nothing of interest to shoot last night. So, I snagged this shot this morning…
…and doctored the hell out of it using Picnik on Flickr.
I saw this interesting tidbit on the newswires today:
East Atlanta, GA – In a surprise move, East Atlanta Deadbeat Dads owner Paulie announced that this will be the team’s final season in existence. “I watched the Falcons/Ravens game last night rooting for Falcons field goals and no passes to Roddy White solely because of the implications on my fantasy game this week. Enough! Fantasy football has ruined the relationship I once had with the real game and I am tired of that.” said Paulie.
That’s right, I’ve decided that this will be my last year of playing fantasy football. My decision at this time of the year, staring at what will most likely be my third consecutive loss, seems to be sour grapes but in essence I really am tired of rooting for/against players just because their performances impacts my fantasy league games. This decision is final regardless of the East Atlanta Deadbeat Dads’ performance throughout the remainder of this season.
Don’t Look Now, I Think I’ll Be Seeing #125
There is talk of going to another Taco Mac for happy hour after work today. Given that I am only two shy of making the magical #125 I think I may go and finally accomplish my goal.
Regardless of happy hour I will be seen tonight at Peachtree Tavern. My only two concerns are:
- It’s a country bar to which I’ve never been so have no idea what to expect
- Their website mentions the show being at 10pm. I really don’t want to be out that late given that I’m planning on driving down to Pine Mountain tomorrow, but if I want to hear Corb Lund I guess I will be.
Look for a full report on Monday.
Stats & Goals
Current Mood – fat, but happy that I’ll get to see Corb Lund perform tonight
Current Music – silence as I attempt to be über productive
Website Of The Day – If you’ve not yet been introduced to the TED conferences then you really should check it out today.
Mode Of Transportation To Work – my car
Exercise (b)Log – nothing
Morning Weigh-In – didn’t check
Pages Of 1001 Paintings You Must See Before You Die Read – 77
Foot Mileage – ~4 miles, Wheel Mileage – 0 miles
Pushups – 0, Situps – 25
Consecutive Days Of Bed-Making (Longest Streak) – 0 (0)
Vegetarian Days – 0, Carnivorous Days – 11
Marta Rides To Work – 0
Bike Rides To Work – 0
– Not to get sick for the entire month
– Not get fired from my job
– Ride my bicycle no fewer than 100 miles
– Run no fewer than 50 miles
– Determine the fate of Sharpened Stone, LLC
– lose five pounds
– eat vegetarian at least one day a week
– Reduce my weight to 185 pounds (starting weight was 198 pounds) [update: On July 1 I’ve sadly gained weight; I’m at 203 pounds]
– Completely read the book 1001 Paintings You Must See Before You Die
– Earn at least $150 through photography sales in order to cover the cost for the renewal of the Sharpened Stone.
– Save $500 for the sole purpose of donating to charitable organizations of my choice
– Attend at least one professional photography workshop
– Enter no fewer than three photographic competitions / gallery showings
Get the Black Sheep stats out of Excel and online, completed
Ride in no fewer than two 50 mile or 50K bike rides, completed
– Complete my Taco Mac Passport requirement of 125 beers
– Continue backing up all data, including the off-site storage
– Become a proficient programmer in
PHP and CSS Objective-C
– Do not create a solution for something which is not a problem