Last night’s flight was delayed for forty minutes, and fought headwinds for nearly five-and-a-half hours. Needless to say we were tired by the time we got to the hotel. However, by gaining three hours we managed to sit at the hotel bar until 12am local (that’d be 3am using my natural time zone) so it was no surprise that I slept so well and late. And wouldn’t you know that we’d run into a trio of guys talking college football, including one UGA graduate from Atlanta. Five-and-a-half hours and I still can’t get away from UGA. “Ugh”, not “Uga”.
Unrelated: The iron in my hotel room stinks.
So stare at today’s photo and entertain yourselves as you think of me sitting in meetings all day. Also, pray for me as I attempt to put on a pair of pants which has not seen action during the past few months during which I’ve gone on a bit of a middle-section growth spurt.
Stats & Goals
Current Mood – weird
Current Music – silence
Website Of The Day – I’ll give you a clue as to where I am located today — Foster City.
Mode Of Transportation To Work – my car
Exercise (b)Log – nothing
Morning Weigh-In – couldn’t even if I wanted
Pages Of 1001 Paintings You Must See Before You Die Read – 77
Foot Mileage – ~5.5 miles
Wheel Mileage – 0 miles
Pushups – 0
Situps – 0
Stairs – 55 flights
Consecutive Days Of Bed-Making (Longest Streak) – 0 (0)
Vegetarian Days – 2
Carnivorous Days – 12
Marta Rides To Work – 0
Bike Rides To Work – 0
– Not to get sick for the entire month
– Not get fired from my job
– Run no fewer than 75 miles
– Prepare Sharpened Stone, LLC for 2011
– Lose two pounds
– Eat vegetarian at least one day a week
– A couple of secret goals which I will not divulge
– Reduce my weight to 185 pounds (starting weight was 198 pounds) [update: On July 1 I’ve sadly gained weight; I’m at 203 pounds]
– Completely read the book 1001 Paintings You Must See Before You Die
– Earn at least $150 through photography sales in order to cover the cost for the renewal of the Sharpened Stone.
– Save $500 for the sole purpose of donating to charitable organizations of my choice
– Attend at least one professional photography workshop
– Enter no fewer than three photographic competitions / gallery showings
Get the Black Sheep stats out of Excel and online, completed
Ride in no fewer than two 50 mile or 50K bike rides, completed
Complete my Taco Mac Passport requirement of 125 beers, completed
– Continue backing up all data, including the off-site storage
– Become a proficient programmer in
PHP and CSS Objective-C
– Do not create a solution for something which is not a problem