Wide Awake In America
My brother and nephew, heretofore known as ITP-Readers Ronnie (though the rest of the world calls him Bill) and Eric arrived safely last night. Some food was consumed and a bottle of wine was opened, and I went to sleep on my couch (I’m a good host, giving up my bedroom) at midnight and still managed to wake up without an alarm at 6am.
I made one tactical error, which I will blame on the lack of company that I’ve had here at the ITP estate — I failed to get the clothes I plan to wear from my bedroom so now instead of showering I am writing today’s blog.
Baby It’s Cool Inside
Wow, it’s 63º F in my house because someone doesn’t understand the technology behind the fancy-pants thermostat he installed last year.
Having company over I wanted to provide them with a fairly comfortable environment — cheap Mr Scrooge lets the temperature plummet, like Apple stocks when Steve Jobs announces a medical leave, when he is home alone — so I told the thermostat to “HOLD” the temperature I set. Apparently that was not a permanent “HOLD” as it went back to its chilly programming sometime last night.
Ronnie and Eric are staying in Atlanta again tonight, perhaps I’ll be able to figure it out tonight. Yeesh.
Another Rookie mistake.
ITP Flickr Pic
No male-dominated family portrait today, perhaps tomorrow. Instead I’ll thrust a photographic self-portrait attempt (read “partial failure”) upon you.
I’ll partially blame to optics of the cheap mirror, and accept part of the blame for trying to take a photo using my iPhone while holding it in my left hand.
Speaking of AAPL
More nervous today than I’ve been in some time as I await to see how Apple’s stock opens this morning. I have a sell order in for a portion of my holdings (shit, I’m not going down with the ship completely) and will weather the apparent storm with the rest of my holdings unless things look really bad.
Time To Jump The City’s Ass
When I decided to let Sharpened Stone live another day I also decided that I was not going to incur another unbelievably high $500 penalty for my lack of business license. That’s good business, right?
According to the City’s website I am to have received a renewal notice by January 15th. I did not and I don’t care that the City was mostly shut down last week or that yesterday they were closed in observance of MLK Day. I want my renewal and I want it now, dammit!
Stats & Goals
Current Mood – embarrassed at my lack of preparation
Current Music – silence
Website Of The Day – Recently I was introduced to a site which highlights IKEA furniture makeovers called MyKea.
Mode Of Transportation To Work – my car, eventually
Exercise (b)Log – nothing
Morning Weigh-In – Feb 1
Foot Mileage – ~16.3 miles
Wheel Mileage – 0 miles
Pushups – 0
Situps – 0
Stairs – 6 flights
Consecutive Days Of Bed-Making (Longest Streak) – 4 (9)
Vegetarian Days – 0
Carnivorous Days – 17
Marta Rides To Work – 0
Bike Rides To Work – 0
– Not to get sick for the entire month
– Not get fired from my job
– Run no fewer than 75 miles
– Prepare Sharpened Stone, LLC for 2011 so that I get no more penalties
– Lose two pounds
– Eat vegetarian at least one day a week
– A couple of goals which I will not divulge
– Eat lunch out no more than twice a week
– Limit myself to eating dinner out on laundry nights, meeting nights, and dates
2011 Goals [will be a little more fluid than in past years]
– Reduce my weight by 25 pounds based on the my weight as measured on February 1st
– Completely read the book Daily Negations which I received as a Christmas gift.
– Run Sharpened Stone as a real business — one which does not get penalized.
– Save $500 for the sole purpose of donating to charitable organizations of my choice
– Attend at least one professional photography workshop
– Enter no fewer than three photographic competitions / gallery showings
– Ride in no fewer than five 50 mile or 50K bike rides
– Run in no fewer than two half-marathons
– Submit at least one application under the name “Sharpened Stone” to Apple’s iOS store
– Continue backing up all data, including the off-site storage
– Become a proficient programmer in Objective-C
– Do not create a solution for something which is not a problem
– Eat smaller portions