Well, as it turned out I didn’t make it to the lavenderia last night. I joined my boss at the local Outback (gasp!) for a beverage or two, which turned into beverages and dinner, after which I headed straight home. Such is life. Good thing I own too many clothes, which means that lavendaria can wait until Sunday and I’ll still have clean clothes to wear until then.
Bring On The Suffering
While I will not be restarting my exercising again until tomorrow I have ordered one of the cycling training videos from Sufferfest, thanks to the recommendation of ITP-Reader Steve. I am sure I will curse Steve up and down the first few times I ride along with the videos, unless I actually start to lose weight of course.
My First Mac AppStore Fail
Yesterday I decided that I would upgrade to iPhoto ’11 which is now available for $14.99 from the Mac AppStore. I launched the store, clicked the “buy” button, provided all of the necessary passwords, and watched it start to slowly download. The download took so long that I went to lunch figuring that it’d be done when I returned.
When I launched iPhoto from the Applications folder I was dismayed to be shown a splash screen telling me that I should upgrade to iPhoto ’11. Didn’t I just do this? Apparently not, as when I brought up the About Box for the app I saw that I was still running iPhoto ’08.
Fail. Even worse, fail with no indication of failure.
I’m not going to wait a few days to see if Apple charges my credit card the $14.99 before I raise some hell. My fear is that if I try to buy it again before doing so that I’ll be double charged for the application. Dangen!
A Busy Weekend Ahead
Tonight will be my final night before instituting my “Exercise Before Alcohol” policy. So, I plan to do it up right! I’ll be a happy hour participant with co-workers after work. Anyone want to guess where? 😉 Late tonight I’ll be slumming at The EARL to see one of my childhood heros — Grant Hart, drummer with Hüsker Dü — perform.
Saturday, Saturday, Saturday
Tomorrow morning I’ll be in a far away place known as “Cartersville.” Why? Because I’m meeting some of my Flickr/RPS photog friends for breakfast at a Waffle House (yum!) before heading to the Booth Museum to see the Ansel Adams exhibit they have there. It’s a pity that I didn’t coordinate this with the annual Boner Zone hash.
Saturday night is a wildcard. Who knows, maybe I’ll stay at home and do some of the chores to which I need to tend.
Sunday, Sunday, SUNDAY
Well, aside from ignoring the Jets game so that they can beat the Steelers and get to play in the Super Bowl I’ll be doing some laundry and either taking the Red Rocket for a real ride (weather dependent of course) or hooking it up to my trainer to take my first shot at the Sufferfest video.
Stats & Goals
Current Mood – back to frustrated
Current Music – silence this morning
Website Of The Day – Did you see today’s photo? How could I not choose Larsen’s Bakery as today’s WotD?
Mode Of Transportation To Work – my car
Exercise (b)Log – nothing
Morning Weigh-In – Feb 1
Foot Mileage – ~16.3 miles
Wheel Mileage – 0 miles
Pushups – 0
Situps – 0
Stairs – 6 flights
Consecutive Days Of Bed-Making (Longest Streak) – 2 (9)
Vegetarian Days – 0
Carnivorous Days – 20
Marta Rides To Work – 0
Bike Rides To Work – 0
– Not to get sick for the entire month
– Not get fired from my job
– Run no fewer than 75 miles
– Prepare Sharpened Stone, LLC for 2011 so that I get no more penalties
– Lose two pounds
– Eat vegetarian at least one day a week
– A couple of goals which I will not divulge
– Eat lunch out no more than twice a week
– Limit myself to eating dinner out on laundry nights, meeting nights, and dates
2011 Goals [will be a little more fluid than in past years]
– Reduce my weight by 25 pounds based on the my weight as measured on February 1st
– Completely read the book Daily Negations which I received as a Christmas gift.
– Run Sharpened Stone as a real business — one which does not get penalized.
– Save $500 for the sole purpose of donating to charitable organizations of my choice
– Attend at least one professional photography workshop
– Enter no fewer than three photographic competitions / gallery showings
– Ride in no fewer than five 50 mile or 50K bike rides
– Run in no fewer than two half-marathons
– Submit at least one application under the name “Sharpened Stone” to Apple’s iOS store
– Continue backing up all data, including the off-site storage
– Become a proficient programmer in Objective-C
– Do not create a solution for something which is not a problem
– Eat smaller portions