I should probably just be quiet today because I know that anything I say today can and will be held against me in the future.
I spent almost the entirety of my night at Taco Mac. Yes, I know. Hey, at least I’m still making my bed on a daily basis.
Why I Think That Microsoft Is Stupid
Yesterday I had Microsoft Visio loaded on to my Windows computer at work. Visio is a flowcharting / graph-making application which I’ve succombed to use since the app I really want to use — OmniGraffle on the Mac is $100 for the “standard” version and $200 for the “pro” version (the only version that matters to me), and $50(!) for the iPad version — and in case you hadn’t heard, Sharpened Stone is not exactly making any money at the moment so I can’t justify such extravagances.
But back to Microsoft. When I first launched Visio yesterday I noticed that Microsoft Outlook (Microsoft’s email application) hung and virtually crashed. WTF? After rebooting twice I relaunched Outlook and it spent a good two minutes “configuring Visio and gathering information.”
Seriously? Is it just me? I know that Visio and Outlook are both part of Microsoft’s Office Suite, but should the two applications be so intertwined?
ITP Flickr Pic
I went to lunch yesterday at a different Las Tortas Locas, specifically the one on Roswell Road in Sandy Springs. The storefront next to that Las Tortas Locas used to house a Clear store which has all but been emptied out except for this half-eaten bag of pretzel sticks.
I wonder how hard it would be to start a company called “Mister Salty” today. Who would fund a venture with such a name these days?
I Don’t Know If The Gods Are Crazy But I Know That I Am
I’ve packed a running bag for this afternoon. Have you seen the weather forecast? I’m planning on getting in 3.5 miles in this crap (I don’t do treadmills). I have to get my run and shower done early enough so that I can head over to the Northlake area by 7:15pm and play Team Trivia tonight at Mellow Mushroom. Before you say anything, tonight’s meal will be light and alcohol free. I told you that I was crazy.
WARNING: If There Is A Blog Tomorrow It Shall Be Brief
I’ll be waking very early to drive Clemson, SC through the shitty weather that is predicted to hit us tonight and tomorrow. Tomorrow is Clemson University’s career fair. Further, I have no plan to bring my laptop so this will be an iOS only business trip for me. Wish me luck. 🙂
Stats & Goals
Current Mood – disappointed
Current Music – silence
Website Of The Day – So you’ve gone and signed up for Netflix but want a different way to find out what’s available for streaming? Try Instant Watcher.
Mode Of Transportation To Work – my car
Exercise (b)Log – nothing, missing my “strength and stretch” day
Morning Weigh-In – Feb 1
Foot Mileage – ~20.8 miles
Wheel Mileage – 0 miles
Pushups – 0
Situps – 0
Stairs – 6 flights
Consecutive Days Of Bed-Making (Longest Streak) – 5 (9)
Vegetarian Days – 0
Carnivorous Days – 24
Marta Rides To Work – 0
Bike Rides To Work – 0
– Not to get sick for the entire month
– Not get fired from my job
– Run no fewer than 75 miles
– Prepare Sharpened Stone, LLC for 2011 so that I get no more penalties
– Lose two pounds
– Eat vegetarian at least one day a week
– A couple of goals which I will not divulge
– Eat lunch out no more than twice a week
– Limit myself to eating dinner out on laundry nights, meeting nights, and dates
2011 Goals [will be a little more fluid than in past years]
– Reduce my weight by 25 pounds based on the my weight as measured on February 1st
– Completely read the book Daily Negations which I received as a Christmas gift.
– Run Sharpened Stone as a real business — one which does not get penalized.
– Save $500 for the sole purpose of donating to charitable organizations of my choice
– Attend at least one professional photography workshop
– Enter no fewer than three photographic competitions / gallery showings
– Ride in no fewer than five 50 mile or 50K bike rides
– Run in no fewer than two half-marathons
– Submit at least one application under the name “Sharpened Stone” to Apple’s iOS store
– Continue backing up all data, including the off-site storage
– Become a proficient programmer in Objective-C
– Do not create a solution for something which is not a problem
– Eat smaller portions