And back down I go. Scrap my goal to remain healthy all month, for I indeed suffered the onset of a cold yesterday. Change in temperatures? Spending ninety minutes in a closed tube with over one hundred of my closest friends? Bad luck? Whatever the cause, I have it and it’s caused me to call in sick this morning.
Ill Paulie -> Stationary Paulie
My training schedule is taking a beating. The illness I started feeling yesterday kept me from making my appointed rounds yesterday. I am not sure if going out at some time today would be imminently wise either. I need to keep the Big Picture in mind and not focus too much on these minor setbacks.
Table For One — Again
Last night I decided that I should probably eat something, though I had little to no hunger, and that I should use a Groupon in the process. Given that I had two Groupons for Spoon in East Atlanta I decided to give it a chance and eat some spicy Thai in the process. Of course I looked like hell (I need a second shower for my hair to look decent at night) and I sat in around three rather attractive women, including a stunning young blonde who was eating with a male coworker of hers. Of course not a single one looked at me but that’s par for the course.
I ate a bowl of Tom Yum soup with shrimp ($5) and a plate of Kang Keaw Wan (aka Green Curry) with chicken ($13) and somehow managed to still be charged $1.44 in addition to my $20 coupon. I left a fiver on the table and walked away somewhat satisfied with my meal and completely dissatisfied with my station in life.
Top Chef Double-Feature Night
I didn’t get a chance to watch last week’s Top Chef so tonight will be a double-feature! Even better, ITP-Reader Betsy is coming over to watch as well, and rumor has it that she’s planning on bringing over some Tasty China.
Stats & Goals
Current Mood – sad
Current Music – listening to a GardenFork Radio podcast
Website Of The Day – I started taking Emergen-C in Raleigh last week. It may be a bit of rubber chicken medicine, but I wish I had continued the practice.
Mode Of Transportation To Work – not going in to work today
Exercise (b)Log – nothing
Morning Weigh-In – haven’t checked
Foot Mileage – 10.3 miles
Wheel Mileage – 0 miles
Pushups – 0
Situps – 0
Stairs – 0 flights
Consecutive Days Of Bed-Making (Longest Streak) – 2 (2)
Vegetarian Days – 3
Carnivorous Days – 5
Marta Rides To Work – 0
Bike Rides To Work – 0
Not to get sick for the entire month FAIL
– Not get fired from my job
– Run no fewer than 75 miles
– Lose two pounds
– Go out on a date with someone else
– Read an entire book
2011 Goals [will be a little more fluid than in past years]
– Reduce my weight by 25 pounds based on the my weight as measured on February 1st
Completely read the book Daily Negations which I received as a Christmas gift.
– Run Sharpened Stone as a real business — one which does not get penalized.
– Save $500 for the sole purpose of donating to charitable organizations of my choice
– Attend at least one professional photography workshop
– Enter no fewer than three photographic competitions / gallery showings
– Ride in no fewer than five 50 mile or 50K bike rides
– Run in no fewer than two half-marathons
– Submit at least one application under the name “Sharpened Stone” to Apple’s iOS store
– Continue backing up all data, including the off-site storage
– Become a proficient programmer in Objective-C
– Do not create a solution for something which is not a problem
– Eat smaller portions