The area in which I work has a way of changing one’s attitude about Life, generally in a negative way.
Last night I left the office sometime after 5pm with the mindset of dropping off some shirts at the dry cleaner, heading to Target, and then driving down to Chamblee to do my laundry and eat dinner. And then pulling out of my office’s driveway I saw the stopped traffic. I made it over to the dry cleaner and Target, but my attempt to return ITP was thwarted immediately. What was I to do? Go to Taco Mac of course.
My trips to the Perimeter Mall Taco Mac have become somewhat comical. Within the first twenty minutes three waitresses came up to say hello. In about another ten minutes my boss arrived, after reading my tweet that I was there.
The plan worked. When I left Taco Mac traffic had subsided, but all desire to do my laundry also subsided.
ITP Flickr Pic
Not really a “photo”…
Before I decided to turn around and have beer and dinner at Taco Mac I tried to see how bad traffic was around town. If the traffic snarl was localized I could have punched through and then done laundry.
After waiting a few minutes for the gray portions to become maps, I gave up and turned the Jackmobile around in the parking lot of Perimeter Mall and pointed it toward Taco Mac.
I’m Primed And Ready
‘Tis true! My Amazon Prime membership will now get me free video streaming from Amazon! This is good on two levels. First, believe it or not I am not buying much stuff these days (and what I do seems to be wine). Second, my lack of purchasing had me questioning why I was paying $80/year for a service that I wasn’t using as often as I once was.
People have been saying that Amazon’s selection is limited, but since I’ve watch very few movies I’m sure that I’ll be able to find something to watch. Oh, and they have Ken Burns’ National Parks available and since I never got around to watching it a few years ago…
I did find one downside however, Amazon Video require Flash which makes it a deal breaker for my iPad. For the first time since buying it I wish that the iPad played Flash video.
Stats & Goals
Current Mood – fair with the exception of some of my medical difficulties
Current Music – listening to a recent “The Story with Dick Gordon” podcast
Website Of The Day – The other day ITP-Reader Stacy posted a link to Shorthanded Studio. Check out their art work, it’s kinda neat.
Mode Of Transportation To Work – my car
Exercise (b)Log – walk/run (2.75 miles)
Morning Weigh-In – didn’t check
Foot Mileage – 40.0 miles
Wheel Mileage – 0 miles
Pushups – 0
Situps – 0
Stairs – 0 flights
Consecutive Days Of Bed-Making (Longest Streak) – 0 (5)
Vegetarian Days – 4*
Carnivorous Days – 18
Marta Rides To Work – 0
Bike Rides To Work – 0
Not to get sick for the entire month FAIL
– Not get fired from my job
– Run no fewer than 75 miles
– Lose two pounds
– Go out on a date with someone else
– Read an entire book
2011 Goals [will be a little more fluid than in past years]
– Reduce my weight by 25 pounds based on the my weight as measured on February 1st
Completely read the book Daily Negations which I received as a Christmas gift.
– Run Sharpened Stone as a real business — one which does not get penalized.
– Save $500 for the sole purpose of donating to charitable organizations of my choice
– Attend at least one professional photography workshop
– Enter no fewer than three photographic competitions / gallery showings
– Ride in no fewer than five 50 mile or 50K bike rides
– Run in no fewer than two half-marathons
– Submit at least one application under the name “Sharpened Stone” to Apple’s iOS store
– Continue backing up all data, including the off-site storage
– Become a proficient programmer in Objective-C
– Do not create a solution for something which is not a problem
– Eat smaller portions