I just couldn’t get myself out of bed this morning. As a result, today’s blog will have to suffer. Yes, it can get worse. 😛
$25 Lost, $111 Found
In conjunction to my grousing yesterday about losing the $25 on the gift card I decided to do something that I should have done ages ago — check the balance remaining on a Sears gift card in my possession. Many, many years ago I bought two $500 Sears gift cards for a discount knowing that I’d be purchasing a new refrigerator. And I did. And it was good. For the life of me I could never remember the amount of cash remaining on the gift card that I had not used up.
Yesterday I saw that there was a number on the back of the card that I could call to find out the balance remaining on the card. That balance is $111. Now, what to buy with $111 a Sears? Wait, are there any Sears stores remaining in the Atlanta area?
No Tac O’Mac For Me
In the off chance that I go anywhere tonight for a St Patrick’s Day beer I’ll be hitting up a Mexican establishment. You know, Mexican for St Patrick’s Day, Irish for Cinco de Mayo. Long gone are the days when I’d go and attempt to meet women in the crowded environs like Fado (RIP Buckhead) for St Patrick’s Day. That sort of maniacal environment is no longer in my comfort zone. Besides, with my jacked-up hip it’s not like I’ll be able to break out into some impromptu Riverdancing.
Of course I thought of heading to Taco Mac, it’s what I do, and I’m wearing my “official” Taco Mac St Patrick’s Day 2011 t-shirt today. However, today is also the first day of the NCAA Basketball Tournament (aka “March Madness”) so I’m certain that Taco Mac is going to be packed to the gills tonight.
Stats & Goals
Current Mood – frustrated on many levels
Current Music – silence
Website Of The Day – Nothing says “green” better than recycling. That’s why you should visit Recycle on St Patrick’s Day, or any day for that matter.
Mode Of Transportation To Work – my car
Exercise (b)Log – nothing
Morning Weigh-In –
Foot Mileage – 0.0 miles
Wheel Mileage – 0.0 miles
Pushups – 0
Situps – 0
Stairs – 0 flights
Consecutive Days Of Bed-Making (Longest Streak) – 0 (0)
Vegetarian Days – 0
Carnivorous Days – 16
Marta Rides To Work – 0
Bike Rides To Work – 0
– Recover from the bike crash
– Not to get sick for the entire month
– Not get fired from my job
– Lose two pounds
Go out on a date with someone else
– Read an entire book, specifically Chef’s Story
2011 Goals [will be a little more fluid than in past years]
– Reduce my weight by 25 pounds based on the my weight as measured on February 1st
Completely read the book Daily Negations which I received as a Christmas gift.
– Run Sharpened Stone as a real business — one which does not get penalized.
– Save $500 for the sole purpose of donating to charitable organizations of my choice
– Attend at least one professional photography workshop
– Enter no fewer than three photographic competitions / gallery showings
Ride in no fewer than five 50 mile or 50K bike rides
– Run in no fewer than
two one half-marathon
– Submit at least one application under the name “Sharpened Stone” to Apple’s iOS store
– Continue backing up all data, including the off-site storage
– Become a proficient programmer in Objective-C
– Do not create a solution for something which is not a problem
– Eat smaller portions