Last night I was convinced to leave Taco Mac and head to Outback Steakhouse for one more beer. We were have a great time cutting up around the bar when we were scolded for using foul language, because “Outback is a family establishment.” Yeah, they are correct. Fire Truck that! (think of the old joke “What do you know that begins with ‘f’ and ends with ‘uck’?”)
Area Man Abandons Social Media Accounts
Last night I made a huge decision — I am abandoning my Twitter and Facebook accounts. I’m considering my decision permanent, though I’m not deleting the accounts and am reserving the right to return in the future.
“Why?” you ask? Because I find myself spending too much time reading each, and neither is providing me with much more than time killing. I still plan on writing this binary log however.
Waiting For My Kickstarter Commitments To Kick In
To date I’ve helped micro-finance three projects on Kickstarter:
- Atlanta’s Good Food Truck – though I never get to eat from it.
- The Eephus League for scoring baseball games
- Kevn Kinney’s next album “A Good Country Mile”
So far I’ve yet to receive much in the way of payback. I received a reusable shopping bag from the Good Food Truck. I’m waiting on my scorebook from the Eephus League (I was hoping to get it prior to the start of the baseball season). Kevn Kinney’s project was just officially closed, so not I must wait on the completion of the album.
I think I’ll hold off on funding more projects until I start seeing the returns on my investments.
ITP Empty Space
That title seems more appropriate these days.
Oh Look, It’s Theater Night
I’m not sure how it has happened but I hold a ticket for tonight’s play “Spoon Lake Blues” at the Hertz Stage of the Alliance Theatre. There are actually a few cool things happening around town tonight:
and what I’ll really want to be doing staying at home and working on some software. Nerd.
Stats & Goals
Current Mood – frustrated, though I just made a pot of coffee in my french press so that’ll improve my mood
Current Music – listening to the latest GardenFork Radio podcast
Website Of The Day – I am learning a lot of things, like there is a certain paper you should use to wrap cheese. Want some? Check out Formaticum.
Mode Of Transportation To Work – my car
Exercise (b)Log – nothing
Morning Weigh-In – didn’t check
Foot Mileage – 0.0 miles
Wheel Mileage – 0.0 miles
Pushups – 0
Situps – 0
Stairs – 0 flights
Consecutive Days Of Bed-Making (Longest Streak) – 0 (0)
Vegetarian Days – 1
Carnivorous Days – 5
Marta Rides To Work – 0
Bike Rides To Work – 0
– “Completely” recover from the bike crash
– Not to get sick for the entire month
– Not get fired from my job
– Run at least once
– Lose two pounds
Go out on a date with someone else
– Read an entire book, specifically
2011 Goals [will be a little more fluid than in past years]
– Reduce my weight by 25 pounds based on the my weight as measured on February 1st
Completely read the book Daily Negations which I received as a Christmas gift.
– Run Sharpened Stone as a real business — one which does not get penalized.
– Save $500 for the sole purpose of donating to charitable organizations of my choice
– Attend at least one professional photography workshop
– Enter no fewer than three photographic competitions / gallery showings
Ride in no fewer than five 50 mile or 50K bike rides
– Run in no fewer than
two one half-marathon
– Submit at least one application under the name “Sharpened Stone” to Apple’s iOS store
– Continue backing up all data, including the off-site storage
– Become a proficient programmer in Objective-C
– Do not create a solution for something which is not a problem
– Eat smaller portions