The time has come for me to stop wallowing (is that the word I want?) in my pain and suffering and return to a life in which I try to lose weight. My body has suffered in many different ways over the past six or so weeks, and while things are not back to my abnormal normality it’s time for me to return to the pre-crash mindset as best I can.
A Non-News Worthy Monday
There are days in my life in which nothing interesting happens; yesterday was one such day.
- Wake up on time
- Drive to work
- Work until lunch
- Eat lunch out (Jason’s Deli)
- Work late
- Eat dinner on my way home (5 Guys Burgers And Fries)
- Listen to podcasts until falling asleep
Pretty mundane, no? Today I don’t expect too much to be different, though my work day will be shortened due to a mid-morning physical therapy appointment, and I doubt seriously that I’ll be eating at either Jason’s Deli or 5 Guys today.
I got completely fed up with waiting for the Le Creuset dutch oven that I supposedly won last September. No matter what I did to try and contact the people responsible for making good on their promise by sending my prize, I got screwed at the drive thru.
I am now waiting on the newest addition to my family…
Yesterday I decided to go and buy my own goddamn Le Creuset dutch oven. However, in the end I decided on the Lodge version which is about one-third the cost. With my savings I could have also purchased the Le Creuset replacement knob to see how many people I could fool into thinking that I actually purchased the expensive dutch oven.
And With My Purchase I Mark A Return To Cooking
Plumbing hassles be damned, I want to cook again. Yesterday I heard about, and purchased the $5 The Photo Cookbook for my iPad. While admittedly the application doesn’t have many recipes the ones included with the app are photographed beautifully and appeal to me. Hopefully I’ll be able to cook up some of these recipes and it’ll inspire me to attempt to photograph my creations.
I also plan to use the new dutch oven to make some No Knead Bread as found on Chef Casey Thompson’s blog.
For Geeks Only
If you know how to create a finite state machine in which some of the operations include asynchronous steps, I’d certainly like to hear/read your solution.
State 1 -> State 2 -> State 3 -> State 4 -> Finished
Assume that State 2 performs an asynchronous operation which means that I actually get to State 3 before State 2 completes. I have been unable to figure out how to block (or wait until notify) in Objective-C in order to get the states to run in order.
Stats & Goals
Current Mood – bored and boring
Current Music – listening to this week’s “Build And Analyze” podcast
Website Of The Day – Yesterday I was introduced to an interesting shopping site called Abe’s Market.
Mode Of Transportation To Work – my car
Exercise (b)Log – nothing
Morning Weigh-In – not checking, though I will be again soon
Foot Mileage – 0.0 miles
Wheel Mileage – 0.0 miles
Pushups – 0
Situps – 0
Stairs – 0 flights
Consecutive Days Of Bed-Making (Longest Streak) – 0 (0)
Vegetarian Days – 2
Carnivorous Days – 9
Marta Rides To Work – 0
Bike Rides To Work – 0
– “Completely” recover from the bike crash
– Not to get sick for the entire month
– Not get fired from my job
– Run at least once
– Lose two pounds
Go out on a date with someone else
– Read an entire book, specifically The Mole People: Life In The Tunnels Beneath New York City
2011 Goals [will be a little more fluid than in past years]
– Reduce my weight by 25 pounds based on the my weight as measured on February 1st
Completely read the book Daily Negations which I received as a Christmas gift.
– Run Sharpened Stone as a real business — one which does not get penalized.
– Save $500 for the sole purpose of donating to charitable organizations of my choice
– Attend at least one professional photography workshop
– Enter no fewer than three photographic competitions / gallery showings
Ride in no fewer than five 50 mile or 50K bike rides
– Run in no fewer than
two one half-marathon
– Submit at least one application under the name “Sharpened Stone” to Apple’s iOS store
– Continue backing up all data, including the off-site storage
– Become a proficient programmer in Objective-C
– Do not create a solution for something which is not a problem
– Eat smaller portions