We’ve reached another hump day.
A Nearly Very Expensive Target Trip
I had two options last night:
- Go to Target and buy the laundry detergent necessary to do the laundry which was already packed in the Jackmobile (though I suppose I could have purchased detergent at the lavanderia.), and then go do my laundry even though I was getting a very late start because I worked late.
- Go to Target and buy the laundry detergent, and then go to Taco Mac.
I’m guessing that you’d guess I chose the latter. Nope, I was a good boy.
Regardless of my chosen path I made a boo boo which I think did not damage to one of the Jackmobile’s tires/rims. As I am wont to do I parked in a far-right parking space. The one I chose last night was narrower than most, and in my haste to back out of the spot (which in hindsight was a stupid spot to choose) and avoid traffic, I hit the curb. Investigation of the tire/rim didn’t show any new or catastrophic damage, but I guess the true test of endurance will occur when I drive to Chattanooga on Friday night.
Sometimes I wonder about my intelligence. In addition to my driving faux pas I was within walking distance of an AutoZone and failed to go there and purchase a new bulb (and spark plug) before they closed for the evening. I did manage to eat a chicken burrito at Las Tortas Locas, however.
Something Was Clogging My Intertubes
Upon arriving home late (later than normal) I dragged open the door to my deck in hopes of pulling in some of the air which was cooler than that in the house, and got on my computer to do some internet surfing — it’s what I do. Whilst perusing I found that there was an update to iPhoto ’11 (768MB of update!) and when I went to download it and surf the internet at the same time things where quite sloooooooooow. I don’t know if AT&T was having bandwidth issues or if they’ve started throttling my service (I’ve downloaded quite a bit of legal software updates this month) but either way I had flashbacks to the days of dialup. Try to get to Google? Wait ten seconds for their page to return. Try to get to Apple? Wait at least ten seconds for their page to return. For me the experience was painful, figuratively speaking of course.
I’ve Finished A Book, Just Not The One I Was Supposed To Finish
While doing laundry last night I finished reading Solo Hiking. Before I go on, can anyone explain how four booksellers have listed this book in new condition for $70? The book is 64 pages long, and if I paid “cover price” for it I paid $8 (at REI if memory serves me right). Anyhow, the book is pretty much a short book on common sense (I could have used more of that while backing out of that parking space last night), and ITP-Reader Martha it’s all yours to help you kill two hours of your current “free” time.
I have another short physical book at the top of my reading queue. I’ll explain which in a future blog.
Changing Up Top Chef Masters Night
This being Wednesday must mean that it’s Top Chef Masters night. While I have all intentions of viewing it tonight, and welcome ITP-Reader Betsy over to the house to watch along with me, I’m not preparing a meal tonight. Instead, I plan to finally get my ass over to Delia’s Chicken Sausage Stand on Moreland (just north of Glenwood) to tr their food. Betsy, if you are interested in joining me then shoot me a text message later and we can arrange a meeting time. You know that my review will appear in tomorrow’s blog, right?
Stats & Goals
Current Mood – not bad, hip still bothers me (oh, and thanks for the article reference Martha)
Current Music – silence, but the sound of a small desk fan whirs as I attempt to battle the office building’s heat, or more accurately stated “decision to wait until some time before turning on the air conditioning each day”
Website Of The Day – I’ve recently been introduced to the cool iPad/Mac accessories produced by Twelve South. Even if you don’t need anything from them I suggest you click through and check out their clever logo. Boy howdy I wish that I possessed the creativity to design such logos.
Mode Of Transportation To Work – my car
Exercise (b)Log – nothing
Morning Weigh-In – not checking until May 1 (oh, just wait for the reference to May 1st in Monday’s blog)
Foot Mileage – 0.0 miles
Wheel Mileage – 0.0 miles
Pushups – 0
Situps – 0
Stairs – 0 flights
Consecutive Days Of Bed-Making (Longest Streak) – 0 (0)
Vegetarian Days – 3
Carnivorous Days – 23
Marta Rides To Work – 0
Bike Rides To Work – 0
– “Completely” recover from the bike crash
– Not to get sick for the entire month
– Not get fired from my job
– Run at least once
– Lose two pounds
Go out on a date with someone else
– Read an entire book, specifically The Mole People: Life In The Tunnels Beneath New York City
2011 Goals [will be a little more fluid than in past years]
– Reduce my weight by 25 pounds based on the my weight as measured on February 1st
Completely read the book Daily Negations which I received as a Christmas gift.
– Run Sharpened Stone as a real business — one which does not get penalized.
– Save $500 for the sole purpose of donating to charitable organizations of my choice
– Attend at least one professional photography workshop
– Enter no fewer than three photographic competitions / gallery showings
Ride in no fewer than five 50 mile or 50K bike rides
– Run in no fewer than
two one half-marathon
– Submit at least one application under the name “Sharpened Stone” to Apple’s iOS store
– Continue backing up all data, including the off-site storage
– Become a proficient programmer in Objective-C
– Do not create a solution for something which is not a problem
– Eat smaller portions