Perhaps it was all of the beer I drank yesterday. Regardless this morning’s weigh-in was not a pleasant one.
Huh, How’d That Happen?
I spent most of last night at Taco Mac. Shocking, I know. It was not supposed to be a marathon session, but being joined by two co-workers as well as one of our favorite servers after she clocked out, it became one. I did manage to avoid ordering a meat dish, so, I’ve got that going for me.
Le Tour de France Consumption: iPad Edition
After missing the early stages I decided to check into NBC’s full-access online offer for $29.95. Then I found out that they offer an iPad app with access for $14.95. Ideally I’d like to pay one price for complete access (seriously, $30 for three week’s of content everywhere seems fair to me). I’m waivering on buying the iPad app since it is getting horrible reviews. I’m trying to be legal and all, but when you deliver shit how can you expect people to not seek alternatives? What to do. What to do?
ITP Flickr Pic
I believe that I have a kindred spirit in Merlin Mann. We’re about the same age, listened to a lot of the same music while growing up in Florida. He’s just far more advanced and successful than I am.
I his latest episode of Back To Work Mann produced a quote which I’d never hear before, but am going to star taking to heart.
It’s not how many years you’ve played guitar, it’s how many hours you’ve played guitar.
ITP-Readers who are also hashers, scan the volunteers in the background and I think you’ll recognize one of them.
Lavanderia y Photographía
Tonight I shan’t haunt Taco Mac. Instead I’ll be doing much needed laundry and going for a bit of a photowalk while I do. I may allow myself a small dinner too. And who knows, I might get crazy tonight and do a little stretching and exercising when I get home…
Stats & Goals
Current Mood – meh
Current Music – none, I have the Tour de France on the telly
Website Of The Day – When I was a child I wanted to paint. I watched Bob Ross make “happy little clouds” on PBS many, many times. My friend Kevin recently posted a link to Bob Ross’ website (sadly Ross died on July 4, 1995) so I decided to steal it for the blog.
Mode Of Transportation To Work – my car
Exercise (b)Log – tough physical therapy session
Morning Weigh-In – 206 pounds. Dammit.
Foot Mileage – 0.0 miles
Wheel Mileage – 0.0 miles
Pushups – 0
Situps – 0
Stairs – 0 flights
Consecutive Days Of Bed-Making (Longest Streak) – 0 (0)
Vegetarian Days – 1
Carnivorous Days – 4
Marta Rides To Work – 0
Bike Rides To Work – 0
– “Completely” recover from the bike crash
– Buy a bicycle and start riding again
– Not to get sick for the entire month
– Not get fired from my job
– Run at least once
– Eat vegetarian no fewer than five days
– Lose three pounds
2011 Goals [will be a little more fluid than in past years]
– Reduce my weight by 25 pounds based on the my weight as measured on February 1st
Completely read the book Daily Negations which I received as a Christmas gift.
– Run Sharpened Stone as a real business — one which does not get penalized.
– Save $500 for the sole purpose of donating to charitable organizations of my choice
– Attend at least one professional photography workshop
– Enter no fewer than three photographic competitions / gallery showings
Ride in no fewer than five 50 mile or 50K bike rides
– Run in no fewer than
two one half-marathon
– Submit at least one application under the name “Sharpened Stone” to Apple’s iOS store
– Continue backing up all data, including the off-site storage
– Become a proficient programmer in Objective-C
– Do not create a solution for something which is not a problem
– Eat smaller portions