Fret not, I’m not going anywhere yet.
While driving home last night I heard the news that Steve Jobs had resigned his position as CEO of Apple — after the stock market had closed. The first thing I did this morning was place a sell order on a portion of my AAPL even though I lost over $20/share in the “after hours” between the stock market’s closing yesterday and its opening this morning. I don’t consider a sell now panicking, I consider it hedging my bets (investments).
You won’t believe me when I say this (because I’m really not sure that I believe it myself) but I need to start turning some of the profits earned since I purchased Apple a few years ago into repairs at the ITP Estate.
Welcome To East Atlanta, Monday Night Brewing
Last night I met up with ITP-Readers Betsy, Terri, and Pat at East Atlanta’s The Midway Pub. The occasion was the launch of Monday Night Brewing into the neighborhood. After stalking their beer for nearly three weeks I finally got to meet some of the men behind the brewing — Jonathan and Jeff. The brewers were nice enough but I didn’t get the opportunity to start my efforts to barter photography services for beer.
ITP Flickr Pic
I could have taken another photo of ITP-Reader Steve, this time wearing a sport jacket, but I’ll let him start his own blog in order to have his photo on the internet every day. 🙂
Hoping To Hit The Farmers Market
I’m hoping to get out of work early enough to get back down to East Atlanta in time to shop the farmers market. I have no preconceived shopping list in mind, but I could certainly stand for buying some in-season vegetables, a loaf of artisan bread, and if his stand is around a King of Pops popsicle.
With any luck I’ll also get home in time to start doing some of my weekend chores on Thursday night. There are so many to tackle — kitchen cleaning, basement clean out, electronics/networking reconfiguration, dusting, mopping, vacuuming, organizing — in addition to getting my mountain bike ready for a Saturday morning biking/photographing outing.
Stats & Goals
Current Mood – okay
Current Music – listening/watching to yesterday’s stage of the USA Pro Cycling Challenge. DAMN I wish I had the ability to ride like those guys!
Website Of The Day – Hydroponics has always intrigued me, so when I saw a poster for Atlantis Hydroponics last night I knew that I’d be linking to them today.
Mode Of Transportation To Work – my car
Exercise (b)Log – stair climbing, 6 flights
Morning Weigh-In – 206 pounds this week, weigh in again next Wednesday
Foot Mileage – 0.0 miles
Wheel Mileage – 55.0 miles
Pushups – 0
Situps – 0
Stairs – 66 flights
Consecutive Days Of Bed-Making (Longest Streak) – 0 (0)
Vegetarian Days – 2
Carnivorous Days – 22
Marta Rides To Work – 0
Bike Rides To Work – 0
– “Completely” recover from the bike crash
– Ride my bike no fewer than 150 miles
– Not to get sick for the entire month
– Not get fired from my job
– Run at least once
– Eat vegetarian no fewer than five days
– Lose two pounds
2011 Goals [will be a little more fluid than in past years]
– Reduce my weight by 25 pounds based on the my weight as measured on February 1st
Completely read the book Daily Negations which I received as a Christmas gift.
– Run Sharpened Stone as a real business — one which does not get penalized.
– Save $500 for the sole purpose of donating to charitable organizations of my choice
– Attend at least one professional photography workshop
– Enter no fewer than three photographic competitions / gallery showings
Ride in no fewer than five 50 mile or 50K bike rides
– Run in no fewer than
two one half-marathon
– Submit at least one application under the name “Sharpened Stone” to Apple’s iOS store
– Continue backing up all data, including the off-site storage
– Become a proficient programmer in Objective-C
– Do not create a solution for something which is not a problem
– Eat smaller portions