Yesterday REM announced their breakup. Some might wonder if this might not have happened years ago, but yesterday there was an official announcement.
At Least One Of Us Showed Up In Court
I spent yesterday morning in Dekalb County Recorders Court (and in order to do so I had to pay $3 to park, what the fuck is up with that?). I was there to be a witness in my case. I sat for two hours watching people contest, or plead guilty to, whatever citation brought them into the court. Finally I was asked to approach the judge, which I did. I stated my name and the name of the driver — who was not in the room. Huh? Was the driver not subpoenaed too? Anyway, once it was determined that the driver wasn’t present I was allowed to leave. One morning and $3 wasted.
The Call Of The Fred
When I arrived at work I caught a ration of shit for being “dressed up.” “You can’t let your attire go to waste, you need to go to The Fred tonight.” What a brilliant idea! There was a suggestion that I have a cigar while sitting there, but the place is non-smoking (yea!), but what sealed the deal was when I saw a tweet from The Fred Bar stating that they were now serving Cigar City Brewing’s Jai Alai IPA. Kismet! So last night a handful of us headed to The Fred after work for a couple of beers and dinner.
In other Taco Mac news, I am now a mere six-pack of beers away from reaching Brewniversity PhD level!
I’ve Started Working For The Weekend
I am once again headed to Lake Hartwell for the annual Black Sheep Hash campout. And I am once again making Emeril Lagasse’s Andouille Cheese Grits with Crawfish (I use shrimp) Sauce. In order to do so I have to make the grits cakes ahead of time and refrigerate them.
Last night I made a double-batch of vegetarian grits cakes (sans andouille of course). Tonight I’ll be making a double-batch with andouille sausage. Final preparation of the cake (ie breading and frying) and the sauce will be done onsite.
Stats & Goals
Current Mood – I feel fine (relating to today’s title)
Current Music – watching “Top Chef: Just Desserts” from a couple of weeks ago — the “Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory” episode
Website Of The Day – Last night I had a really good Jai Alai IPA from Cigar City Brewing.
Mode Of Transportation To Work – my car
Exercise (b)Log – nothing
Morning Weigh-In – 202.6 pounds yesterday
Foot Mileage – 0.0 miles
Wheel Mileage – 135.5 miles
Pushups – 0
Situps – 0
Stairs – 35 flights
Consecutive Days Of Bed-Making (Longest Streak) – 0 (0)
Vegetarian Days – 1
Carnivorous Days – 20
Marta Rides To Work – 0
Bike Rides To Work – 0
– “Completely” recover from the bike crash
– Ride my bike no fewer than 150 miles
– Not to get sick for the entire month
– Not get fired from my job
– Run at least twice
– Eat vegetarian no fewer than five days
– Lose three pounds
2011 Goals [will be a little more fluid than in past years]
– Reduce my weight by 25 pounds based on the my weight as measured on February 1st
Completely read the book Daily Negations which I received as a Christmas gift.
– Run Sharpened Stone as a real business — one which does not get penalized.
– Save $500 for the sole purpose of donating to charitable organizations of my choice
– Attend at least one professional photography workshop
– Enter no fewer than three photographic competitions / gallery showings
Ride in no fewer than five 50 mile or 50K bike rides
– Run in no fewer than
two one half-marathon
– Submit at least one application under the name “Sharpened Stone” to Apple’s iOS store
– Continue backing up all data, including the off-site storage
– Become a proficient programmer in Objective-C
– Do not create a solution for something which is not a problem
– Eat smaller portions