Waiting on someone to arrive (late) for the closing on my home refinancing. Will try to post a real blog later.
Just a quick hit because I have a ton of work on my plate today…
(of course I have three business days to cancel the transaction)
I’m not sure that I got the best deal available but I’ve decreased my interest rate from 5.625% fixed to 4.25% fixed and switched from a twenty-year mortgage to a fifteen-year mortgage, with no closing costs to me. My monthly payment will no be low enough to keep me from seeking an apartment (imagine that, especially knowing of the major scars and bruises that the ITP estate has!).
Trying to make my life better…
And My Day Just Got A Little Bit Better
A coworker just dropped off a bottle of homebrew beer.
It Was More Than A Meal, It Was A Vegetarian Meal
Many thanks to ITP-Reader Betsy for not only coming over to watch Top Chef last night, but bringing all of the fixings necessary for making a delicious dinner — pasta with a delicious gravy and some green beans that we roasted.
I’ve committed to preparing next week’s meal and am going to start preparing mentally to see if match her wonderful creations. Perhaps I’ll try something from the “How to Cook Everything” app from Mark Bittman that I just downloaded for free thanks to Starbucks.
Probably Not Camping This Weekend
I’ll most likely be working again this weekend. Don’t cry for me, I’ve chosen to do this.
Stats & Goals
Current Mood – fair
Current Music – listening to last week’s “MacCast” podcast
Website Of The Day – I like doing random searches based on phrases I use in the blog. Today search resulted in Quickhit Football.
Mode Of Transportation To Work – my car
Exercise (b)Log – stair climbing, 6 flights
Morning Weigh-In – didn’t check though I should have
Foot Mileage – 0.0 miles
Wheel Mileage – 0.0 miles
Pushups – 0
Situps – 40
Stairs – 36 flights
Consecutive Days Of Bed-Making (Longest Streak) – 0 (0)
Vegetarian Days – 0
Carnivorous Days – 9
Marta Rides To Work – 0
Bike Rides To Work – 0
– Lose three pounds
– “Completely” recover from the bike crash (though I’m beginning to this this will never happen)
– Ride my bike no fewer than 100 miles
– Exercise for an hour no fewer than twenty-five days
– Not to get sick for the entire month
– Eat vegetarian no fewer than fifteen vegetarian meals
– Not get fired from my job, nor quit my job
2011 Goals [will be a little more fluid than in past years]
– Reduce my weight by 25 pounds based on the my weight as measured on February 1st
Completely read the book Daily Negations which I received as a Christmas gift.
– Run Sharpened Stone as a real business — one which does not get penalized.
– Save $500 for the sole purpose of donating to charitable organizations of my choice
– Attend at least one professional photography workshop
– Enter no fewer than three photographic competitions / gallery showings
Ride in no fewer than five 50 mile or 50K bike rides
Run in no fewer than two one half-marathon
– Submit at least one application under the name “Sharpened Stone” to Apple’s iOS store
– Continue backing up all data, including the off-site storage
– Become a proficient programmer in Objective-C
– Do not create a solution for something which is not a problem
– Eat smaller portions