If not for the fact that I am selfishly hoarding my abundance of paid days off this year for sick days, days needed to be at home while repairs are performed, and actually vacation days, I’d not want to be in the office today.
The alarm clock went off this morning. I thought it was colder than it really was. I turned off the alarm and snuggled back into my warm bedding and promptly went back to sleep (almost continuously!) for ninety minutes. When I awoke I still didn’t want to get out of bed. But I did. So I’m going to make the best of this decision.
I Broke The First Rule Of Restaurant Ordering, And Failed
Last night I met up with the Roswell Photographic Society Flickrites for dinner at Mr. Taco. The name of the restaurant is “Mr. Taco,” so why didn’t I order tacos? It’s in their goddamn name!
I was inexplicably overwhelmed and confused by the massive menu posted on the wall, most of which having their prices covered. When I acquired a paper menu I had trouble locating the taco section. And when I finally did I was mesmerized by the meat select (cabeza? ooooh, yeah), but somehow railroaded myself into a burrito con chili colorado because it came with rice and a salad. Stupid, fucking gringo. I did avail myself to the many freebie salsas, including a bowl which contained sliced onions and habañeros which nearly made my head explode from the heat.
I will return, hell it’s next to a CVS so I was able to peruse for women and personal hygiene prior to eating, but will make sure order tacos. And if I can’t manage this, it’ll be all Tilted Kilt all the time for my pre RPS dinner needs.
Congratulations to many of my RPS Flickrite friends who fared very well last night, including ITP-Reader John (aka “HamWithCam”) who took first place in the digital category last night.
Back To Back Pain
Same spot. Ow.
ITP Flickr Pic
I try hard to use my iPhone as a camera. I am not good at keeping it stable enough to get really sharp photographs using it, however. I can lay some of the blame on the fact that I was shivering some while waiting for the sun to rise.
(damn, the photo looks much darker today than it did when I edited it last night.)
I hope you notice that I am also trying hard to post a photo everyday once again.
Probably No iOS Meeting Tonight
Man, I’m overwhelmed. Even though I didn’t allow myself the day off from work I’m seriously considering giving myself the night off from the monthly iOS Developers Meetup.
Stats & Goals
Current Mood – hurting
Current Music – listening to this week’s “Build and Analyze” podcast
Website Of The Day – Have a geek in your life? Shop at Think Geek because you are almost guaranteed to find something that he/she will like.
Mode Of Transportation To Work – my car
Exercise (b)Log – nothing
Morning Weigh-In – next week, no really, next week
Foot Mileage – 2.0 miles
Wheel Mileage – 5.0 miles
Pushups – 0
Situps – 0
Stairs – 0 flights
Consecutive Days Of Bed-Making (Longest Streak) – 0 (0)
Vegetarian Days – 0
Carnivorous Days – 16
Marta Rides To Work – 0
Bike Rides To Work – 0
– Lose at least one pound (net weight loss)
– “Completely” recover from the bike crash (though I’m beginning to think that this will never happen)
– Exercise for thirty minutes no fewer than twenty days
– Not to get sick for the entire month
– Eat vegetarian no fewer than ten days
– Not get fired from my job, nor quit my job
– Follow up with doctors, lawyer, women in whom I have interest
– Participate in a least one dinner party (perhaps held at my house when plumbing issues are addressed?)
– Go out on a least one date with a woman in whom I have interest
– Submit 2012 paperwork for Sharpened Stone, LLC
– Gather all tax paperwork for 2011 income taxes
– Request free credit report
– Successfully arrange for automatic payments for my mortgage
– Watch all of the classes in the 2011 Winter semester of Stanford’s CS193P (iOS Development) course
2012 Goals [will be a little less fluid than last year]
– Get my weight under 200 pounds, or at least whittle myself back down to where wearing a 36″ pant size is comfortable
– Completely read ten books, audio books permissible
– Run Sharpened Stone as a real business
– Save $500 for the sole purpose of donating to charitable organizations of my choice
– Attend at least one professional photography workshop
– Ride in no fewer than five 50 mile or 50K bike rides
– Run in no fewer than one one 10K
– Submit at least one application under the name “Sharpened Stone” to Apple’s iOS store
– Restore the ITP Estate to a condition where it can be put up for sale at any time
– Buy a new iPhone (iPhone 5?), a new iPad (iPad 3?), and MacBook Air [look, not all goals have to be altruistic]
– Continue backing up all data, including the off-site storage
– Become a proficient and profitable programmer in Objective-C
– Do not create a solution for something which is not a problem
– Eat smaller portions
– Start, and continue to, make my own bread using my bread machine as well as using the technique outlined in Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day: The Discovery That Revolutionizes Home Baking
– Read and discard magazines during the month in which they arrive (even digitally)
– See more live concerts than I did in 2011
– Eat more pancakes
– Drive/Fly somewhere for a real vacation