Slammed. But that’s mostly because I couldn’t, no wouldn’t, get out of bed this morning.
I had a good, but long, night at the lavanderia last night. While doing wash and for the better part of the drying cycle I sat there watching a Stanford iOS Development class on my iPad. Fun fact: Just yesterday I found that Apple has released an iTunes U app. By the time I got home (9:30pm ish) I was famished and scarfed down some of the leftovers from my refrigerator.
I Think I’m Turning Japanese
This was the odd site I saw last night on The Weather Channel‘s website.
Look at the words(?) under the images; they’re all Greek, um Japanese, or Chinese, to me.
Huh, it just dawned on me that this would have been a great opportunity to use Skitch to annotate the screenshot. Dangen!
Huh, it just dawned on me that I should have used Skitch as today’s “Website Of The Day.” Double Dangen!!
I’m skipping going out for lunch today so that I may hit Home Depot to pick up a new hose for hot water heater flushing tomorrow. ITP-Reader John and I have plans to shoot, even though the weather seems as if it’s going to be less than agreeable. Ham, meet at Majestic? I’m thinking “pancakes!”
Sunday should find me watching football, but I’m also going to see if I can manage to get a haircut (going recruiting at Clemson next week, want to look good for the impressionably coeds), and may find myself in the office trying to put out a couple of fires — especially since I’ll be losing two coding/meeting days to recruiting next week. Fun!
Stats & Goals
Current Mood – fair, tired, swamped
Current Music – listening to this week’s CBC Radio 3 podcast. Man, I need/want to get back to Canada for a vacation.
Website Of The Day – One of my January goals is to get my credit report (for free). I know to avoid that service called “Free Credit Report” and instead to use the actual service which provides a credit report for free — Annual Credit Report. (psst – it’s probably a good idea for you to request yours as well)
Mode Of Transportation To Work – my car
Exercise (b)Log – nothing
Morning Weigh-In – Monday
Foot Mileage – 2.0 miles
Wheel Mileage – ~6.0 miles
Pushups – 0
Situps – 0
Stairs – 0 flights
Consecutive Days Of Bed-Making (Longest Streak) – 0 (0)
Vegetarian Days – 0
Carnivorous Days – 19
Pancakes Eaten – 0
Marta Rides To Work – 0
Bike Rides To Work – 0
– Lose at least one pound (net weight loss)
– “Completely” recover from the bike crash (though I’m beginning to think that this will never happen)
– Exercise for thirty minutes no fewer than twenty days
– Not to get sick for the entire month
– Eat vegetarian no fewer than ten days
– Not get fired from my job, nor quit my job
– Follow up with doctors, lawyer, women in whom I have interest
– Participate in a least one dinner party (perhaps held at my house when plumbing issues are addressed?)
– Go out on a least one date with a woman in whom I have interest
– Submit 2012 paperwork for Sharpened Stone, LLC
– Gather all tax paperwork for 2011 income taxes
– Request free credit report
– Successfully arrange for automatic payments for my mortgage
– Watch all of the classes in the 2011 Winter semester of Stanford’s CS193P (iOS Development) course
2012 Goals [will be a little less fluid than last year]
– Get my weight under 200 pounds, or at least whittle myself back down to where wearing a 36″ pant size is comfortable
– Completely read ten books, audio books permissible
– Run Sharpened Stone as a real business
– Save $500 for the sole purpose of donating to charitable organizations of my choice
– Attend at least one professional photography workshop
– Ride in no fewer than five 50 mile or 50K bike rides
– Run in no fewer than one one 10K
– Submit at least one application under the name “Sharpened Stone” to Apple’s iOS store
– Restore the ITP Estate to a condition where it can be put up for sale at any time
– Buy a new iPhone (iPhone 5?), a new iPad (iPad 3?), and MacBook Air [look, not all goals have to be altruistic]
– Continue backing up all data, including the off-site storage
– Become a proficient and profitable programmer in Objective-C
– Do not create a solution for something which is not a problem
– Eat smaller portions
– Start, and continue, to make my own bread using my bread machine as well as using the technique outlined in Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day: The Discovery That Revolutionizes Home Baking
– Read and discard magazines during the month in which they arrive (even digitally)
– See more live concerts than I did in 2011
– Eat more pancakes
– Drive/Fly somewhere for a real vacation