Two days out of the office. I’m not looking forward to playing catch-up today.
Today’s Daily Challenge
Make your bed today.
Hmmm, where have I heard about making one’s bed? Oh yeah, on this website! Now if I could only get myself back into that habit. Today sounds like a great day to start — at least once I get home.
Man, I Wish I Had Done This
In yesterday’s Amazon Mobile update the information provided for this update was nothing more than this (paraphrased, trying to remember the exact wording)
We know you hate bugs, so we fixed some.
I love it when humor enters an arena in which it is not always found.
Good Night At George’s
I made it home from Clemson yesterday in time to head up to George’s for a walk. I fired up my iPod Touch and began walking
The map above shows the path I covered, about 4.7-miles long, which took me nearly an hour and twenty minutes to accomplish.
My timing couldn’t have been much better as I by the time I went to enter George’s the early flight of runners were also entering. I sat at the bar and shared a pitcher of Blue Moon with ITP-Reader Steve while I ate my burger and fries for dinner (note to self: The path to weight-loss is paved better when sensible food choices are made). During the two hours I remained inside I saw a lot of good friends I’ve not seen much of since I stopped running at George’s. I look forward to returning to George’s occasionally once the Top Chef season ends.
I returned home early enough to get a lot of work done, though I fell asleep early instead. Oh well.
Taking A Night Off From Exercise
With the predicted heavy rains moving in later my decision to give my feet and legs a break to recover was almost made for me. I feel good that I’ve walked three days in a row and fully expect to return to hoofing it again starting tomorrow.
Stats & Goals
Current Mood – my legs and feet hurt, and that’s not a bad thing necessarily
Current Music – listening to this week’s “FLOSS Weekly” podcast
Website Of The Day – Trying to schedule a meeting or meetup? Have you heard of Tungle? I keep hearing about this app on “Back To Work” and may start trying to use it myself.
Mode Of Transportation To Work – my car
Exercise (b)Log – walking, ~4.7 miles
Morning Weigh-In – 210 pounds last Monday, because of my poor eating this week it’ll probably be about the same next Monday
Foot Mileage – ~11.8 miles
Wheel Mileage – ~6.0 miles
Pushups – 0
Situps – 0
Stairs – 0 flights
Consecutive Days Of Bed-Making (Longest Streak) – 0 (0)
Vegetarian Days – 0
Carnivorous Days – 25
Pancakes Eaten – 3
Marta Rides To Work – 0
Bike Rides To Work – 0
– Lose at least one pound (net weight loss)
– “Completely” recover from the bike crash (though I’m beginning to think that this will never happen)
– Exercise for thirty minutes no fewer than twenty days
– Not to get sick for the entire month
– Eat vegetarian no fewer than ten days
– Not get fired from my job, nor quit my job
– Follow up with doctors, lawyer, women in whom I have interest
– Participate in a least one dinner party (perhaps held at my house when plumbing issues are addressed?)
– Go out on a least one date with a woman in whom I have interest
– Submit 2012 paperwork for Sharpened Stone, LLC
– Gather all tax paperwork for 2011 income taxes
– Request free credit report
– Successfully arrange for automatic payments for my mortgage
– Watch all of the classes in the 2011 Winter semester of Stanford’s CS193P (iOS Development) course
2012 Goals [will be a little less fluid than last year]
– Get my weight under 200 pounds, or at least whittle myself back down to where wearing a 36″ pant size is comfortable
– Completely read ten books, audio books permissible
– Run Sharpened Stone as a real business
– Save $500 for the sole purpose of donating to charitable organizations of my choice
– Attend at least one professional photography workshop
– Ride in no fewer than five 50 mile or 50K bike rides
– Run in no fewer than one one 10K
– Submit at least one application under the name “Sharpened Stone” to Apple’s iOS store
– Restore the ITP Estate to a condition where it can be put up for sale at any time
– Buy a new iPhone (iPhone 5?), a new iPad (iPad 3?), and MacBook Air [look, not all goals have to be altruistic]
– Continue backing up all data, including the off-site storage
– Become a proficient and profitable programmer in Objective-C
– Do not create a solution for something which is not a problem
– Eat smaller portions
– Start, and continue, to make my own bread using my bread machine as well as using the technique outlined in Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day: The Discovery That Revolutionizes Home Baking
– Read and discard magazines during the month in which they arrive (even digitally)
– See more live concerts than I did in 2011
– Eat more pancakes
– Drive/Fly somewhere for a real vacation