It would have been wonderful to not get fooled by the chill in the air inside the ITP Estate because I would have realized that the air outside the ITP Estate wasn’t nearly as brutal as I feared. Had this been the case I might have rallied to get out of bed in order to take the walk I need to do today before work. Instead I’ll be hoofing it for awhile after lunch — provided that I can sneak out.
Yesterday’s Daily Challenge
Check for a coupon or sale on one item you intend to buy this week.
Everyone likes a bargain! Thrifty habits can boost your budget and your ability to save for a rainy day or cope with tough economic times. A little time spent finding even one way to save means more money in your pocket.
A new TV? Oh wait, it says “intend” to buy this week. Dangen!
Maybe I’ll print out (how quaint) a Kohl’s coupon as I try to reinvent my wardrobe.
Go See The Play “Red”
I was sent an email by Theatrical Outfit thanking me for seeing the play “Red.” I suggest you do the same, and save $5 of the price of tickets using the Promo Code THANKS that they sent to me yesterday. Note that I get nothing from this transaction except the warm feeling that I am helping local theater.
The Most Unromantic Place On Earth
A couple of coworkers and I went to Taco Mac after work last night. All signs pointed to an empty space, which was true for a least the first hour or so. We marched in and I asked for a table in the section of the “prettiest waitress working” and when I was given a confused look by the hostess I retorted with “c’mon, it is Valentine’s Day after all…” My request was not completely fulfilled.
It was a good time at Taco Mac and I left early enough to get home in time to get some work done. Except that I didn’t, because I plopped into bed and fell asleep nearly immediately.
Do You Use LinkedIn?
I’ve had a LinkedIn account for years. I actually have two accounts, but that’s a long story. The problem with LinkedIn is that I have no idea for what I am supposed to use the service. Do you have a LinkedIn account? How do you use yours?
Don’t Tell ITP-Reader Betsy That She Won’t Be Eating Meat Tonight
I have two dishes in mind for tonight, neither of which have meat. One dish is more likely than the other because the components necessary are easier to obtain that for the other. What are my two choices? It’s a secret. 😉
We’ll be convening for Top Chef of course.
Stats & Goals
Current Mood – okay, but in addition to my other near-constant ailments my back has been hurting for the past two days. Geez to I need to get myself to doctors soon.
Current Music – listening to this week’s “MacBreak Weekly” podcast
Website Of The Day – If I had an apartment I’d frequent Apartment Therapy. I wonder how many of the Readers’ Favorite Home Stores published in 2010 are still in business.
Mode Of Transportation To Work – my car
Exercise (b)Log – stair climbing, 6 flights
Morning Weigh-In – tomorrow
Foot Mileage – ~12.3 miles
Wheel Mileage – 0.0 miles
Pushups – 0
Situps – 0
Stairs – 19 flights
Days Of Bed-Making – 15*
Vegetarian Days – 3*
Carnivorous Days – 11
Pancakes Eaten – 2
Marta Rides To Work – 0
Bike Rides To Work – 0
– Lose at least one pound (net weight loss)
– Exercise for thirty minutes no fewer than twenty days
– Not to get sick for the entire month
– Eat vegetarian no fewer than ten days
– Not get fired from my job, nor quit my job
– Follow up with doctors, lawyer, women in whom I have interest
– Go out on a least one date with a woman in whom I have interest
– Submit 2012 paperwork for Sharpened Stone, LLC
– Gather all tax paperwork for 2011 income taxes
– Successfully arrange for automatic payments for my mortgage
– Watch all of the classes in the 2011 Winter semester of Stanford’s CS193P (iOS Development) course
2012 Goals [will be a little less fluid than last year]
– Get my weight under 200 pounds, or at least whittle myself back down to where wearing a 36″ pant size is comfortable
– Completely read ten books, audio books permissible
– Run Sharpened Stone as a real business
– Save $500 for the sole purpose of donating to charitable organizations of my choice
– Attend at least one professional photography workshop
– Ride in no fewer than five 50 mile or 50K bike rides
– Run in no fewer than one one 10K
– Submit at least one application under the name “Sharpened Stone” to Apple’s iOS store
– Restore the ITP Estate to a condition where it can be put up for sale at any time
– Buy a new iPhone (iPhone 5?), a new iPad (iPad 3?), and MacBook Air [look, not all goals have to be altruistic]
– Continue backing up all data, including the off-site storage
– Become a proficient and profitable programmer in Objective-C
– Do not create a solution for something which is not a problem
– Eat smaller portions
– Start, and continue, to make my own bread using my bread machine as well as using the technique outlined in Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day: The Discovery That Revolutionizes Home Baking
– Read and discard magazines during the month in which they arrive (even digitally)
– See more live concerts than I did in 2011
– Eat more pancakes
– Drive/Fly somewhere for a real vacation