Oddly I have much about which to blog today — but not enough time to put it all in words. I’ll have to make this a “To Be Continued…” entry and take a few minutes to take down some notes about which I plan to blog.
Here are a couple of hints
- The Company potluck
- Soap, shampoo, conditioner
- Gold Bond Medicated Body Powder
- Pants v. Shoes
- Why do my teeth hurt? And it’s not a cavity, and I’m not drinking anything ice cold
- Joshua and Audrey
Kick those about your noggin and see if you can think about what I will say.
Yesterday’s Daily Challenge
Find a new place to stroll
It’s easy to keep going to the same places and follow the standard routine, which makes life feel repetitive and dull. Trying new things can keep us out of a rut and mix things up! Picking a new place to walk (or modifying an existing walk) can also expose you to new people and experiences. Plus, it’s hard to overstate the benefits of a simple stroll. Walking can help lower your blood pressure and LDL (“bad”) cholesterol, improve your mood, control your weight, and lower your risk of type 2 diabetes.
side note: Due to time constraints I cut and pasted this in. I must say that this method is not deliver the same impact as when I have to read it while I type.
ITP Flickr Pic
Here’s a bonus.
I didn’t get a sunset on Monday night, but I did get a beautiful red sky. This is the color I captured in camera. The only modifications I made to this shot were some straightening of the horizon, spot removal (stupid, dirty sensor), and some sharpening via Lightroom’s clarity.
Not bad if I do say so myself.
Stats & Goals
Current Mood – okay, but my goddamn front teeth keep hurting. Last week it was my back (which for various reasons continues to bother me), this week it’s my teeth. It’s like I’m fucking dying over here!
Current Music – silence, which I think I need more of in my life in order to concentrate on my work
Website Of The Day – I ate three very good ribs and some jalapeño bread for dinner last night at Pappy Red’s BBQ. The only problem with the ribs was that they sauced them, and in my not so humble opinion a great smoked pork rib needs no sauce.
Mode Of Transportation To Work – my car
Exercise (b)Log – nothing
Morning Weigh-In – 211 pounds yesterday
Foot Mileage – ~27.9 miles
Wheel Mileage – 0.0 miles
Pushups – 0
Situps – 0
Stairs – 31 flights
Days Of Bed-Making – 20*
Vegetarian Days – 6*
Carnivorous Days – 15
Pancakes Eaten – 5
Marta Rides To Work – 0
Bike Rides To Work – 0
- Lose at least one pound (net weight loss)
- Exercise for thirty minutes no fewer than twenty days
- Not to get sick for the entire month
- Eat vegetarian no fewer than ten days
- Not get fired from my job, nor quit my job
- Follow up with doctors, lawyer, women in whom I have interest
- Go out on a least one date with a woman in whom I have interest
- Submit 2012 paperwork for Sharpened Stone, LLC
- Gather all tax paperwork for 2011 income taxes
- Successfully arrange for automatic payments for my mortgage
- Watch all of the classes in the 2011 Winter semester of Stanford’s CS193P (iOS Development) course
2012 Goals [will be a little less fluid than last year]
- Get my weight under 200 pounds, or at least whittle myself back down to where wearing a 36″ pant size is comfortable
- Completely read ten books, audio books permissible
- Run Sharpened Stone as a real business
- Save $500 for the sole purpose of donating to charitable organizations of my choice
- Attend at least one professional photography workshop
- Ride in no fewer than five 50 mile or 50K bike rides
- Run in no fewer than one one 10K
- Submit at least one application under the name “Sharpened Stone” to Apple’s iOS store
- Restore the ITP Estate to a condition where it can be put up for sale at any time
- Buy a new iPhone (iPhone 5?), a new iPad (iPad 3?), and MacBook Air [look, not all goals have to be altruistic]
- Continue backing up all data, including the off-site storage
- Become a proficient and profitable programmer in Objective-C
- Do not create a solution for something which is not a problem
- Eat smaller portions
- Start, and continue, to make my own bread using my bread machine as well as using the technique outlined in Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day: The Discovery That Revolutionizes Home Baking
- Read and discard magazines during the month in which they arrive (even digitally)
- See more live concerts than I did in 2011
- Eat more pancakes
- Drive/Fly somewhere for a real vacation