Yesterday afternoon I went out for a walk with my boss and from the get-go my shins bothered me. This is not the first time in recent times that my shins have hurt, though I tried to accuse a fastened-pace for yesterday’s pain. Toward the end of the walk my shins’ pain eased a bit, but today they hurt again. Add this pain to the rest of the things with my body which are hurting. Soon my entire body will be a bag of hurt.
Yesterday’s Daily Challenge
Add A Fresh Lemon Or Lime To Your Shopping List.
Lemons and limes are powerhouses of vitamin C and other antioxidants, which research has shown to be associated with reducing inflammation and preventing heart disease. The tangy flavor of lemons and limes make a great salt substitute for people who are watching their salt intake. And a glass of sparkling water with lemon or lime slices is a delicious calorie- and sugar-free drink.
I have fresh limes at the ITP Estate; I guess that I should be using them.
My Bedroom Smells Like A Brewery
While making my bed this morning I knocked over a half-consumed bottle of beer which stool on my nightstand. Beer spilled over a small section of my hardwood floor, and sat there as I “raced” into the kitchen to retrieve a towel and some paper towels.
Before you praise me for having the restraint to not finish a beer within arm’s reach let me tell you that this accident should never happen! No matter how tired you are you should never fall asleep prior to finishing your beer (or wine if that’s your thing). In the future I will try harder to not allow a situation which permits beer spillage to occur.
I Have Them And I’m Not Afraid To Use Them
In the past year I’ve claimed some gift cards (Amazon and iTunes) by redeeming points through my credit card company, as well as Recyclebank.
For some reason I’ve been holding on to these cards (though I’m still awaiting the arrival of my iTunes gift card from Recyclebank) and haven’t been redeeming them. You’d think the snafu I had a few years ago with a gift card becoming zero-balanced due to “maintenance” fees — though that practice is now unlawful.
This weekend that all changed. I’ve started purchasing apps from the IOS App Store, and I’ve begun identifying some physical books which will be replaced by digital versions.
Going To Try A New Place Tonight
As I perused my East Atlanta Village link list yesterday I noticed that I still had a link for the now-closed Blue Frog Cantina. In Blue Frog’s place is an Irish-inspired bar/restaurant called The Elder Tree Public House (no website yet from what I know). No matter what time I exit the office tonight I am going to have dinner at The Elder Tree Public House (shoot, that’s a lot to type). Look for my initial impression in tomorrow’s blog.
Stats & Goals
Current Mood – okay, though I’m bothered by many things including some recurring health issues
Current Music – listening to this week’s “Build And Analyze” podcast
Website Of The Day –
Today I’m going to be making an effort to read Stop Shin Splints. On the surface the website appears a quick-read which probably means that it’s going to try and sell me a book. I’ve just removed their link because when I went to close the page a pop-up occurred trying to get me to have someone call me. Fuck. That.
Mode Of Transportation To Work – my car
Exercise (b)Log – nothing
Morning Weigh-In – I’ll find out again tomorrow, and you’ll know why then
Foot Mileage – ~49.2 miles
Wheel Mileage – 0.0 miles
Pushups – 0
Situps – 0
Stairs – 31 flights
Days Of Bed-Making – 26*
Vegetarian Days – 7*
Carnivorous Days – 20
Pancakes Eaten – 11
Marta Rides To Work – 0
Bike Rides To Work – 0
– Lose at least one pound (net weight loss)
– Exercise for thirty minutes no fewer than twenty days
– Not to get sick for the entire month
– Eat vegetarian no fewer than ten days
– Not get fired from my job, nor quit my job
– Follow up with doctors, lawyer, women in whom I have interest
– Go out on a least one date with a woman in whom I have interest
– Submit 2012 paperwork for Sharpened Stone, LLC
– Gather all tax paperwork for 2011 income taxes
– Successfully arrange for automatic payments for my mortgage
– Watch all of the classes in the 2011 Winter semester of Stanford’s CS193P (iOS Development) course
2012 Goals [will be a little less fluid than last year]
– Get my weight under 200 pounds, or at least whittle myself back down to where wearing a 36″ pant size is comfortable
– Completely read ten books, audio books permissible
– Run Sharpened Stone as a real business
– Save $500 for the sole purpose of donating to charitable organizations of my choice
– Attend at least one professional photography workshop
– Ride in no fewer than five 50 mile or 50K bike rides
– Run in no fewer than one one 10K
– Submit at least one application under the name “Sharpened Stone” to Apple’s iOS store
– Restore the ITP Estate to a condition where it can be put up for sale at any time
– Buy a new iPhone (iPhone 5?), a new iPad (iPad 3?), and MacBook Air [look, not all goals have to be altruistic]
– Continue backing up all data, including the off-site storage
– Become a proficient and profitable programmer in Objective-C
– Do not create a solution for something which is not a problem
– Eat smaller portions
– Start, and continue, to make my own bread using my bread machine as well as using the technique outlined in Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day: The Discovery That Revolutionizes Home Baking
– Read and discard magazines during the month in which they arrive (even digitally)
– See more live concerts than I did in 2011
– Eat more pancakes
– Drive/Fly somewhere for a real vacation