Because I am!
While I am not heading to Black Mountain, NC until tomorrow (weather forecast for Friday and Saturday looks great; I’m hoping Sunday’s rain holds off until tents can be packed) I’ve decided to take today off from work as well. I’m not even going to attempt to write code from home today!!!
Instead I plan on lounging around (I’m accomplishing this as I type), head up to Lowe’s to buy some weed/ivy killer and some Damp-Rid. Swing by Best Buy to see about obtaining an FM transmitter so that I need not have a earplug jammed into my ear for the entire drive tomorrow while I listen to an audiobook, and then over to Target to get some necessities for the trip. If you guessed that I’ll accomplish all of this at Edgewood Retail District you would be correct. Hell, I can’t get a Caribou Coffee there any longer (it closed last week) but I could also get lunch, though I’m seriously considering showing some love to East Atlanta Village today.
Yesterday Today’s Daily Challenge
Hold on to a table or chair, extend your arm to the side, and raise and lower your heels ten times.
This stretch is based on one that ballet dancers do at the barre, a horizontal bar that’s used for support during exercise. Although ballet dancers get fit through intense dance workouts, much of their strength is developed by doing this type of daily exercise at the barre. This exercise provides a great workout for muscles, including the oh-so-important heart. It also helps to increase coordination and stability.
Farmers Market Yes, Farmers Market Purchasing Probably Not
Since I’m hitting the road early tomorrow morning it doesn’t make much sense to buy perishables at the farmers market tonight. I will be heading up to the farmers market (maybe I’ll get a King of Pops) to see which vendors are there, see what vegetables are coming into season, and spend a little time with friends like ITP-Reader Betsy.
There May Be No Blog Tomorrow
I’m hoping to skip town early enough to miss most of Friday’s rush hour traffic. I also hope to find a restaurant along my travels which will serve me up a stack of pancakes and some coffee as well. This will likely mean that there shall be no blog tomorrow, and if this turns out to be true have a great weekend every one.
Stats & Goals
Current Mood – okay, looking forward to getting away
Current Music – listening to a recent Mac Geek Gab podcast
Website Of The Day – It requires Flash (hence the Chrome browser for me) but Incredibox is a pretty fun website.
Mode Of Transportation To Work – my car
Exercise (b)Log – walking, 2.5 miles
Morning Weigh-In – 210.8 pounds yesterday. Meh.
Foot Mileage – 10.5 miles
Wheel Mileage – 0.0 miles
Pushups – 0
Situps – 0
Stairs – 0 flights
Days Of Bed-Making – 0
Vegetarian Days – 0
Carnivorous Days – 9
Pancakes Eaten – 0
Marta Rides To Work – 0
Bike Rides To Work – 0
Books I’ve Read/Heard In 2012
- Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me — Mindy Kahling
- Flotsametrics and the Floating World: How One Man’s Obsession with Runaway Sneakers and Rubber Ducks Revolutionized Ocean Science — Curtis Ebbesmeyer
- God, No! — Penn Jillette
- The Elephant to Hollywood — Michael Caine
- Here Comes Trouble — Michael Moore
– Lose at least two pounds (net weight loss)
– Completely recover from my sebaceous cyst surgery
– Exercise for thirty minutes no fewer than twenty days
– Not to get sick for the entire month (may be a moot point as of today)
– Eat vegetarian no fewer than ten days
– Watch all of the classes in the 2011 Winter semester of Stanford’s CS193P (iOS Development) course
2012 Goals [will be a little less fluid than last year]
– Get my weight under 200 pounds, or at least whittle myself back down to where wearing a 36″ pant size is comfortable
– Completely read ten books, audio books permissible
– Run Sharpened Stone as a real business
– Save $500 for the sole purpose of donating to charitable organizations of my choice
– Attend at least one professional photography workshop
– Ride in no fewer than five 50 mile or 50K bike rides
– Run in no fewer than one one 10K
– Submit at least one application under the name “Sharpened Stone” to Apple’s iOS store
– Restore the ITP Estate to a condition where it can be put up for sale at any time
– Buy a new iPhone (iPhone 5?),
a new iPad (iPad 3?), and MacBook Air [look, not all goals have to be altruistic]
– Continue backing up all data, including the off-site storage
– Become a proficient and profitable programmer in Objective-C
– Do not create a solution for something which is not a problem
– Eat smaller portions
– Start, and continue, to make my own bread using my bread machine as well as using the technique outlined in Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day: The Discovery That Revolutionizes Home Baking
– Read and discard magazines during the month in which they arrive (even digitally)
– See more live concerts than I did in 2011
– Eat more pancakes
– Drive/Fly somewhere for a real vacation