What of it!
Today’s Personal Project
To look like a tourist in Manhattan. I’m kidding.
Today’s Daily Challenge
Find a local place that serves healthy food, then write down the info or store it in your phone.
When it comes to eating out, being prepared is half the battle! When you’re hungry and looking for a restaurant or take-out place, now you’ll know where to go for the healthiest options. This will lessen the temptation (or desperation) to stop at the closet fast-food chain or corner store for a salty burger or cheesy burrito.
I’ll pass on this for now since “local” won’t be local when I return home next week.
ITP Flickr Pic
Okay, this is a screen shot, but a good screenshot.
Yesterday my brother and I ate brunch at the City Island Diner. By good fortune this very table was available so we took it. I was seated where Jerry Seinfeld is seated, my brother
and now for the rest of the story…
is seated where Ricky Gervais is seated. I had “two eggs” on a roll. I was not nerdy enough to ask anyone to take a photo of us, however.
Unrelated, I saw two attractive young ladies eating pancakes! (The movement is on!). The magic was lost when one whipped out her phone, took a photo, and posted to Instagram. 😉 Yeah, right.
Have A Great Weekend
I’ll write all about mine on Monday.
Stats & Goals
Current Mood – pretty darn good
Current Music – silence
Website Of The Day – .
Mode Of Transportation To Work – my car
Exercise (b)Log – nothing
Morning Weigh-In – checking again next week
Foot Mileage – ~51.3 miles
Wheel Mileage – 0.0 miles
Pushups – 0
Situps – 0
Stairs – 0 flights
Days Of Bed-Making – 1
Vegetarian Meals – 36
Carnivorous Meals – 23
Pancakes Eaten – 2
Marta Rides To Work – 0
Bike Rides To Work – 0
– Eat no fewer than forty-five vegetarian meals
– Take at least one load of stuff from my house to Goodwill
– Take unused electronics to recycling center
– Post at least ten new photos during the month (let’s try this again)
– Lose at least two pounds (net weight loss)
– Finish two books (audio or otherwise, comic books do not qualify)
– Not to get sick for the entire month
– Exercise for thirty minutes no fewer than twenty days
– Ride no fewer than 150 miles (might be hard given the amount of travel scheduled this month)
– Walk (or run) no fewer than 75 miles
– Do no fewer than 750 sit-ups
– Do no fewer than 300 push-ups
2012 Goals [will be a little less fluid than last year]
– Get my weight under 200 pounds, or at least whittle myself back down to where wearing a 36″ pant size is comfortable
– Completely read ten books, audio books permissible
– Run Sharpened Stone as a real business
– Save $500 for the sole purpose of donating to charitable organizations of my choice
– Attend at least one professional photography workshop
– Ride in no fewer than five 50 mile or 50K bike rides
– Run in no fewer than one one 10K
– Submit at least one application under the name “Sharpened Stone” to Apple’s iOS store
– Restore the ITP Estate to a condition where it can be put up for sale at any time
– Buy a new iPhone (iPhone 5?),
a new iPad (iPad 3?), and MacBook Air [look, not all goals have to be altruistic]
– Continue backing up all data, including the off-site storage
– Become a proficient and profitable programmer in Objective-C
– Do not create a solution for something which is not a problem
– Eat smaller portions
– Start, and continue, to make my own bread using my bread machine as well as using the technique outlined in Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day: The Discovery That Revolutionizes Home Baking
– Read and discard magazines during the month in which they arrive (even digitally)
– See more live concerts than I did in 2011
– Eat more pancakes
– Drive/Fly somewhere for a real vacation
Books I’ve Read/Heard In 2012
- Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me — Mindy Kahling
- Flotsametrics and the Floating World: How One Man’s Obsession with Runaway Sneakers and Rubber Ducks Revolutionized Ocean Science — Curtis Ebbesmeyer
- God, No! — Penn Jillette
- The Elephant to Hollywood — Michael Caine
- Here Comes Trouble — Michael Moore
- How We Decide — Jonah Lehrer
- Steve Jobs — Walter Isaacson
- Death of a Salesman (Penguin Plays) — Arthur Miller
- Fahrenheit 451 — Ray Bradbury