I’m back in the office after commuting from Anderson, SC where I spent the evening.
Today’s Daily Challenge
Put one purple food on your grocery list, such as grapes, eggplant, blackberries, or plums.
Pile on the purple! Purple produce gets its color from anthocyanin, an antioxidant that is believed to offer many health benefits. It may help prevent heart disease, cancer, and stroke. And fruits and veggies – whether they are purple or not – always offer your body necessary nutrients and fiber.
Much Fun This Weekend, But I Am Swamped
I’ll detail more of what occurred this past weekend in tomorrow’s post because I am trying to play catch up here at the office. Suffice to say now that I had a wonderful time in Raleigh, as I always do.
I’d love to hear about your weekend.
Oh, I also have an extra reservation for Buttermilk Kitchen‘s fried chicken dinner on Thursday evening at 7:15pm. The dinner will be paid for (by me), and the evening is BYOB. I’m committed to two so if you’d like to be my second…
Today’s Personal Project
Catch up on my life. I’ve only been away since Thursday but I feel as if I’ve been gone much longer.
Stats & Goals
Current Mood – confused
Current Music – silence at the moment
Website Of The Day – I want a new me and my get there reading New You. Wishful thinking…
Mode Of Transportation To Work – my car
Exercise (b)Log – nothing
Morning Weigh-In – will start checking again tomorrow
Foot Mileage – 0.0 miles
Wheel Mileage – 0.0 miles
Gym Visits – 0 (0 cardio)
Days Of Bed-Making – 0
Vegetarian Meals – 10
Carnivorous Meals – 2
Marta Rides To Work – 0
Bike Rides To Work – 0
2013 Goals: Measurable
– Get my weight down to 190 pounds so that I can wear a 36″ waist pants comfortably
– Completely read ten books, audio books permissible
– Dissolve Sharpened Stone
– Save $500 for the sole purpose of donating to charitable organizations of my choice
– Completely run at least one 10k
– Fix all (or at least most) of the things which are wrong with the ITP Estate
2013 Goals: Unmeasurable
– Simplify, simplify, simplify
– Continue backing up all data, including the off-site storage
– Do not create a solution for something which is not a problem
– Eat smaller portions
– Start, and continue, to make my own bread using my bread machine as well as using the technique outlined in Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day: The Discovery That Revolutionizes Home Baking
– Read and discard magazines during the month in which they arrive (even digitally)
– Take two real vacations, perhaps one abroad
– Take a more proactive approach to meeting women (read “stop being such a pussy”)
Books I’ve Read/Heard In 2013
- Pages 1.7 for iPad (Timestompers Guide) — by Sean Wells
- 60 Mountain Lion Tips — by David Sparks and Brett Terpstra
- The Power of Habit: Why We Do What We Do in Life and Business — by Charles Duhigg
- The Hitchhiker’s Guide To The Galaxy — by Douglas Adams
- Amazing Things Will Happen: A Real-World Guide on Achieving Success and Happiness — by CC Chapman
- So Good They Can’t Ignore You: Why Skills Trump Passion in the Quest for Work You Love — by Cal Newport