Who you calling a ho? Certainly not me… (unfortunately)
Today’s Daily Challenge
Lie on your side, raise your upper body and top leg, repeat three times, and switch sides.
This challenge will be more comfortable if you do it on a carpeted floor, towel, or mat. Lie on your right side with your legs straight and stacked one on top of the other. Put your right elbow on the floor and use your right hand to support your head. Put your left palm on the floor in front of your chest. Use your left hand to push up off the floor, and raise your upper body (including your head and right arm) as you raise your left leg as high as you can. Return to the start position and repeat three times. Switch position so you’re lying on your left side, and repeat four times.
Might be the only exercise I get before Wednesday.
Taking What They’re Giving Because I’m Working For A Living
I worked Saturday and Sunday, and sadly I’m not a hell of a lot closer to getting my demo app done than I was on Friday.
I managed to sprinkle a little fun in hanging with my boss and one his aquarium friends on Saturday afternoon-into-evening and then a trip to Fox Bros BBQ for early-bird dinner yesterday, but other than that I’ve been either thinking about code or writing code. Pity I haven’t built the skill set to do some quality networking while in Austin, Texas this week.
Green With Envy?
I bought myself a new fancy iPhone 5c on Saturday, the green one. Yep, I know, it’s not the manliest thing I’ve done recently but all other attempts at making myself more desirable by the female sex have failed so why not.
I sprung for the 16GB unlocked phone in hopes that it’ll be re-sellable when Apple announces the iPhone 6 later this year. I have an offer for my old, decrepit, iPhone 5 from Gazelle; they ware willing to give me $85, but first I have to go through the hassle of unlocking it with AT&T. Meh, for that little money I might just hang onto it and make an alarm clock out of it.
Okay, Super Busy So I Need To Go
And how was your weekend?
Today’s Personal Project
Pack for Austin.
Stats & Goals
Current Mood – tired, waking up at 2:30am and writing code until 5:30am and then trying to get an hour’s sleep before heading to work will do that to me.
Current Music – silence at the moment
Website Of The Day – .
Mode Of Transportation To Work – my car
Exercise (b)Log – nothing
Morning Weigh-In – whatevs
Foot Mileage – ~10.0 miles
Wheel Mileage – 0.0 miles
Gym Visits – 10 (10 cardio)
Marta Rides To Work – 0
Bike Rides To Work – 0
– have Austin CocoaConf trip plans in place (new)
– exercise no fewer than twenty days (new)
– ride my bike no fewer than five times (new)
– have European trip plans in place, if not carved in stone
– clean my basement to the point where I could have people over
– hire a plumber to fix all of the sinks at the ITP Estate
– walk no fewer than 75 miles
– publish an app to the iOS AppStore
2014 Goals: Measurable
– Get my weight down to 190 pounds so that I can wear a 36″ waist pants comfortably
– Completely read ten books, audio books permissible
– Save $500 for the sole purpose of donating to charitable organizations of my choice
– Completely run at least one 10k
– Fix all (or at least most) of the things which are wrong with the ITP Estate
– Sell the ITP Estate (tentative)
2014 Goals: Unmeasurable
– Continue to Simplify, simplify, simplify
– Continue backing up all data, including the off-site storage
– Do not create a solution for something which is not a problem
– Eat smaller portions
– Start, and continue, to make my own bread using my bread machine as well as using the technique outlined in Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day: The Discovery That Revolutionizes Home Baking
– Read and discard magazines during the month in which they arrive (even digitally)
Books I’ve Read/Heard In 2014
- “Johnny Carson” by Henry Bushkin
- “Steal Like an Artist: 10 Things Nobody Told You About Being Creative” by Austin Kleon