At 6am I looked at the weather forecast for today. At that time I knew exactly what I needed to do, drive to Sandy Springs and go out for a morning bike ride while the weather was fantastic rather than risk the arrival of thunderstorms this afternoon. But I just couldn’t bring myself to do it. In part I blame my still-suffering left foot, my inability to rally this morning, and the indecision about whether or not my bicycle is in riding condition. I certainly cannot risk another breakdown / walking adventure.
So the bike is in the M6 and I am hoping the predicted rains never materialize and that my foot will miraculously return to 100% and that the air I put into the rear tire last night remains in the tire later.
After returning from German class last night I pumped air into the tube again last night, disconcerted that it had lost air since Saturday but then recognized that the cap wasn’t tightly closed. I then proceeded to put air into the tube that flatted, finding a pinhole in the tube that was not where the patch was. I really need to do a complete once-over on the bike before I take it out for a (real) long ride again.
Rarely is our future certain. Right now I am feeling a complete lack of confidence in my future.
One Possible Certainty
In what seems like an incredible stroke of good luck for me I found out that the musician named Mikal Cronin will be playing a show in Portland on the Saturday night during my visit there for the hash. It also appears as if the club in which the show will be held is not far from the hash hotel either. Cool! I have purchased a ticket for the show and if all goes to plan I’ll be in attendance. If all doesn’t go to plan I will have wasted $15.
Time to work.