Tough Cycling

Here’s a recurring theme: I’m waiting out Atlanta’s shitty traffic, this time at home instead of at a restaurant.

Tough Sledding
I went out for a very tough 26-mile ride last night. I thought the building wind was going to be my worst enemy for the night, turned out that it was my recurring inner-knee pain (need to look at my cleat position on my left shoe), as well as the debilitating cramps I experienced after making the last long climb to Mount Vernon causing me to drop off from the pack during the last two miles.

Of course my cramping happened on a night that there were three women in attendance, including long-time friend and now North Buckhead resident, Catherine, aka “Saddle Sores”. I was confused at first when I heard someone say “Paulie?” because I was looking without my corrective vision, into the sun, at a distance of about ten feet, at someone wearing a helmet and sunglasses. However as I neared her, I immediately recognized Catherine.

I tried my damnedest to keep up with the “A” group, which included my coworker Al, but I was summarily dropped no more than four miles into the ride. Such is the life of a 50-year-old, overweight, short-of-breath rider.

ITP Flickr Pic
While not taken with the Nikon V1 I did shoot this in May. I was trying to see how the camera in the iPhone SE handled this black and white situation.
Black On White

Finish The Job
I need to find the time to talk to someone at the State of Georgia to ensure that they also believe that Sharpened Stone, LLC is no longer in business. A couple of months ago I received notification that I failed to file a tax statement for 2015, I sent dissolution paperwork to the State and City in very-late 2014. Last week I received a $30 penalty for filling this tax statement late.

To date:

Sharpened Stone’s costs: > $2000
Sharpened Stone’s earnings: $0

Conclusion: A royal clusterfuck of failure.

No Trivia Again Tonight For Me
Because I’m going into the office late, I shall also be leaving the office late. And because I have mounds of work to do at home, I think that I will be taking this evening off from social affairs.

Unless of course I want to stop into an Irish Bar for a traditional Cinco de Mayo beverage on one of my two “Opposite Days”.

Cheers,
Paulie [eatl/ga]

This entry was posted in My Daily Life. Bookmark the permalink.

10 Responses to Tough Cycling

1. Barb says:

How many groups are there for that ride? just A & B? And – which group was Katherine in? She was bugging me to go ride with her, but I know she probably will kick my ass right now.

We worked in the yard last night – again.

It was fun having lunch with Steve at Tasty China yesterday, and a Dean sighting at the same place.

My fun project for today is to figure out new tires. I’ve got 1 that has a slow leak, but all 4 need to be replaced. There are too many choices!

2. bob says:

You may be a self proclaimed 50 year old, overweight, out of breath rider but you are out there riding and that is what matters. A lot of 50 year old people just sit on their asses and do nothing about it.

Tonight for Cinco de mayo I am going to a private screening of Captain America Civil War. I’m not a Marvel fanboy by any stretch but free movie, food, and beer has me going to see this movie. Got to love vendors.

3. Barb says:

Bob – Allan is all about that movie – I’m sure we will go see it soon enough.

4. I’m trying, I’ll give myself that much.

There are two groups, and it’s a no-drop ride. I would have finished with Catherine, the other two women, another guy, and the ride leader dude if not for my cramping.

The ride is good, but hilly — for good and bad.

This morning I noticed that I am at 22252 miles in the M6. Pity I didn’t notice this thirty miles ago.

5. steve says:

And the class drags on.

Debbie reported the finish mower had died, so I opened it up and found a dead idler pulley. This is a poor design, as there is no way to lube it without taking off the covers. I tried to get the remains of the bearing off the shaft, but had no joy. I hope I can buy the unit but the diagram wasn’t clear.

Free lunch for the tenants of the building I’m in. This company used to have breakfast and snacks throughout the day, but now just drinks. Times are tough all over.

-FP

6. Barb says:

new tires purchased. (well sort of), I’ll be going back to Discount Tire after work to get them installed & paid for.
    Just under $800 – what a deal………. hahahahahahahaha
    But – I got good ones, the Subaru will be with us for many years.

7. Barb, did you get a chance to talk to Allan about “Taming of the Shrew”?

8. Barb says:

no, with all the fun of moving mulch (and Allan got stung by something) I totally forgot. Let me talk to him about it later.

9. Barb says:

and – here is my suggestion for Shakespeare Tavern if you want to go ahead & buy your ticket now – get a ticket for the box seats (middle price point). If for some reason we can’t go – the way those seats are, it could be better for you with just a single ticket. We can probably go, but I don’t want to commit quite yet. Also- I’m hoping to find a half priced deal on the tickets, but its too far in advance for those to be available.

10. Okay, I will do that.

Comments are closed.