It seems as if my days are bonkers right now. I continue to get calls and exchange emails about employment, but nothing feels as “right” as when I thought that I was going to be working for “The Patriots”. I must also convince myself to not leap at the first job that is offered to me, but to be patient enough to pick the one about which I feel right.
Even worse, these meetings, carve up my day the same way meetings used to carve up my programming day back in the office.
Case and Point
Today’s original plan was to:
– wake up super-early so that I could beat traffic to Sandy Springs and be at the DMV when it opened
– if the DMV took less than two hours (dreamer!) I would go to an LA Fitness in Sandy Springs
– meet ITP-Reader Barb for lunch
– go to my bank to close my no-longer-needed business account and transfer those funds to my now-ailing personal account
– go to Lefont Sandy Springs to see “The Founder” before it leaves the theaters
– return ITP
And then yesterday I had to schedule a phone meeting for “the afternoon”. Now it appears that the DMV, and most likely seeing the movie are out of the equation. I am hoping to get my shit together to accomplish LA Fitness and the bank. Lunch is the only certainty as of now.
Speaking Of Funds
During my night of productivity on Monday I gathered up all four of the American Express prepaid rewards cards I had received from iDine in order to check their balances. I was angered to read that “a $2 montly maintenance fee will be applied to cards starting seven months after issuance”. You guessed it, because I hadn’t thought to use these cards American Express essentially stole back all of the balances on three of the four via the “maintenance fee” clause.
Note to self: upon receiving one of these cards use it immediately.
I Rode Paris-Nice!
Yesterday I combined my love of watching others ride their bicycles with the necessity to ride my own. As the coverage of Paris-Nice began yesterday I waddled down into the ITP basement and put in seventy minutes of riding along with the pros.
For the tech nerds, here was my setup:
– I used the NBC Sports Gold iOS app to stream coverage to my iPad
– I used Apple’s AirPlay technology to send the video to an AppleTV
– The AppleTV is connected to a projector, which throws the video onto the screen
Except for realizing that I was pedaling less than half as fast as the images on my screen it was like being there! Well, I may have been delirious whilst pedaling…
Times up! I must move on to another task.
The weather is supposed to be great, make your day great too.